The Dugout - General Topics, Chat, Random Photos and Memes.......No Politics

Ok, just gonna throw this out there.

I finish cancer treatments in early March. My diagnosis in Jan. 2022 came right (like, one day) after my son's one-year "all clear" from his sarcoma battle (bone cancer) during 2020.

Regardless of how it has been for me these last few years, my bride has been an absolute rock star. Cancer mom to Cancer wife, she is unshakeable.

She did ask me about the two of us taking a trip in March for a weekend, just the two of us, to just breathe and look forward to life ahead. She talked about the beach, the mountains, Charleston, etc.

Last night, she looked at a calendar and got excited about Georgia v. UT at the end of March. She asked if I thought I could find us tickets for Friday and Saturday's games. She wants to come in Thursday night and drive back through the night Saturday night so we make it to church on Easter Sunday.

I like the idea: Drive down Northshore. Go leave flowers on Daddy's stone. Eat wings at the Bijou. See good baseball. Breathe in East Tennessee air until my lungs are full.

Anyway, I know we have a "Tickets for Sale" forum, but I thought I'd check with you guys first, because, well, you *kinda* know me, so thought I might have better luck with you guys first.

If nothing else, I will give the ticket forum a shot. If prices are too crazy, well, I might just listen to Wilkerson streaming on my phone as I cruise the Blue Ridge in a rented convertible. That wouldn't be too bad. either.

It is worth a shot....thanks,

-RW-
I can get you half way there, tickets for Friday March 29. It’s my birthday weekend but I can’t make Friday. If you want them, text me at 817-312-4691.

Ok, just gonna throw this out there.

I finish cancer treatments in early March. My diagnosis in Jan. 2022 came right (like, one day) after my son's one-year "all clear" from his sarcoma battle (bone cancer) during 2020.

Regardless of how it has been for me these last few years, my bride has been an absolute rock star. Cancer mom to Cancer wife, she is unshakeable.

She did ask me about the two of us taking a trip in March for a weekend, just the two of us, to just breathe and look forward to life ahead. She talked about the beach, the mountains, Charleston, etc.

Last night, she looked at a calendar and got excited about Georgia v. UT at the end of March. She asked if I thought I could find us tickets for Friday and Saturday's games. She wants to come in Thursday night and drive back through the night Saturday night so we make it to church on Easter Sunday.

I like the idea: Drive down Northshore. Go leave flowers on Daddy's stone. Eat wings at the Bijou. See good baseball. Breathe in East Tennessee air until my lungs are full.

Anyway, I know we have a "Tickets for Sale" forum, but I thought I'd check with you guys first, because, well, you *kinda* know me, so thought I might have better luck with you guys first.

If nothing else, I will give the ticket forum a shot. If prices are too crazy, well, I might just listen to Wilkerson streaming on my phone as I cruise the Blue Ridge in a rented convertible. That wouldn't be too bad. either.

It is worth a shot....thanks,

-RW-
May God Bless You and your family. I can’t imagine what y’all been through. You have 2 tickets in Sec A about 6 rows behind Vols dugout. for Fri and Sat vs GA. Lmk your email and I’ll transfer the tickets.

May God Bless You and your family. I can’t imagine what y’all been through. You have 2 tickets in Sec A about 6 rows behind Vols dugout. for Fri and Sat vs GA. Lmk your email and I’ll transfer the tickets.

There are good people...and then there is Taylorvol. His kindness year in and year out is unparalleled on this forum. 👏

I think you are the biggest baseball fan I have ever come across. I truly do enjoy your enthusiasm for the sport.

Those are kind words, I might be more interested but that doesn’t make me more knowledgeable. Your posts have most definitely enhanced my experience. These west coast night games only matter if they make it it to the tournament and we end up facing them. I don’t hold the stats to memory, more like, I’ll be too busy later. I have the time right now but that can be fleeting. At the end of the day…it’s fun.

GBO!!!

Great thing you're doing, this world needs more individuals like you.

As my mom says no good deed goes unrewarded. .

God Bless You .

Where are you guys finding women that like sports and share the experience with you?
When I was married I’d be lucky to catch a score walking by the TVs at Sears while she was shopping.

I found mine when I was in graduate school at Chapel Hill. Took one trip to Tennessee and she was wearing Tennessee Orange.

Plus, my Dad was not a physics professor, so he was able to give me tips on how to pick up girls. 🫢
Even @txbo got a keeper and he admits to not liking Big Bunts.

VN Store

Back