National Countdown Day
World Down Syndrome Day
National Ag Day
National French Bread Day
National California Strawberry Day
National Fragrance Day
National Single Parent Day
National Common Curtesy Day
Maybe that’s why my parents left for France?

On March 21 in Baseball History...
  • 1908 - Ty Cobb signs with Detroit for $4,000 plus an $800 bonus if he hits over .300. He will collect the bonus with a league-leading .324, becoming one of only three A.L. regulars to top .300 (the N.L. has five) this year.

• 1962 - Philadelphia retires pitcher Robin Roberts number 36.

• 1968 - Royals is chosen as the name of the new Kansas City A.L. franchise.

• 1977 - Mark Fidrych, the 1976 Rookie of the Year, rips the cartilage in his left knee and will undergo surgery 10 days later. The injury will effectively end the fabled career of the Bird.

• 1978 - The Padres fire manager Alvin Dark, replacing him with pitching coach Roger Craig. Dark and Phil Cavarretta (Cubs in 1954) were the first two managers fired during spring training, joined later by Tim Johnson (Toronto Blue Jays, 1999) and Joe Kerrigan (Boston Red Sox, 2002).

• 1986 - The Yankees announce that their most celebrated off-season acquisition, 26-year-old pitcher Britt Burns, will not pitch at all this season because of a chronic deteriorating hip condition. He never again pitches in the major leagues. Burns had won 18 games for the White Sox the previous season.

sad that The Bird and Burns saw so little time on the mound

3/21 Holidays

National Memory Day
National 3-D Day
National Countdown Day
World Down Syndrome Day
National Ag Day
National French Bread Day
National California Strawberry Day
National Fragrance Day
National Single Parent Day
National Common Curtesy Day
Need more whiskey/whisky days IMO.

Marvin was one of a kind. Love me some old school motown. Actually having coffee and listening to Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes on vinyl as I type this.
I added some other song titles with the word “sweet”. I notably left off one because there’s nothing sweet about Alabama.

Reactions: ArdentVol

VN Store

Back