The Dugout - General Topics, Chat, Random Photos and Memes.......No Politics

That’s why they need to be phased out.

I was watching Judge Judy one day. She leans back in her chair & tells some dude her opinion is the only one in the room that matters. Just like the umps. They watch replay after replay to get it right. Then they make a decision whether a fan likes it or not.

I was watching Judge Judy one day. She leans back in her chair & tells some dude her opinion is the only one in the room that matters. Just like the umps. They watch replay after replay to get it right. Then they make a decision whether a fan likes it or not.
They are still wrong whether they like it or not. The game is bigger than the jealous cowards ruling on the plays. It’s about the players, not the “authoritarians on the field”.

Japan just walked it off in bottom of the 9th.. vs USA 2mrw nite for the championship...🇺🇸⚾🔥🔥🔥
I guess that's bad for our team?
I think it’s awesome, although I wanted us to humble Mexico and break their spirit ourselves. Japan had to really work for that one. We should be very fresh! USA! USA! USA!🇺🇸🇺🇸

On March 21 in Baseball History...
  • 1908 - Ty Cobb signs with Detroit for $4,000 plus an $800 bonus if he hits over .300. He will collect the bonus with a league-leading .324, becoming one of only three A.L. regulars to top .300 (the N.L. has five) this year.

• 1962 - Philadelphia retires pitcher Robin Roberts number 36.

• 1968 - Royals is chosen as the name of the new Kansas City A.L. franchise.

• 1977 - Mark Fidrych, the 1976 Rookie of the Year, rips the cartilage in his left knee and will undergo surgery 10 days later. The injury will effectively end the fabled career of the Bird.

• 1978 - The Padres fire manager Alvin Dark, replacing him with pitching coach Roger Craig. Dark and Phil Cavarretta (Cubs in 1954) were the first two managers fired during spring training, joined later by Tim Johnson (Toronto Blue Jays, 1999) and Joe Kerrigan (Boston Red Sox, 2002).

• 1986 - The Yankees announce that their most celebrated off-season acquisition, 26-year-old pitcher Britt Burns, will not pitch at all this season because of a chronic deteriorating hip condition. He never again pitches in the major leagues. Burns had won 18 games for the White Sox the previous season.

Baseball Birthdays on March 21...

Baseball Deaths on March 21...

On March 21 in Baseball History...

• 1908 - Ty Cobb signs with Detroit for $4,000 plus an $800 bonus if he hits over .300. He will collect the bonus with a league-leading .324, becoming one of only three A.L. regulars to top .300 (the N.L. has five) this year.

• 1962 - Philadelphia retires pitcher Robin Roberts number 36.

• 1968 - Royals is chosen as the name of the new Kansas City A.L. franchise.

• 1977 - Mark Fidrych, the 1976 Rookie of the Year, rips the cartilage in his left knee and will undergo surgery 10 days later. The injury will effectively end the fabled career of the Bird.

• 1978 - The Padres fire manager Alvin Dark, replacing him with pitching coach Roger Craig. Dark and Phil Cavarretta (Cubs in 1954) were the first two managers fired during spring training, joined later by Tim Johnson (Toronto Blue Jays, 1999) and Joe Kerrigan (Boston Red Sox, 2002).

• 1986 - The Yankees announce that their most celebrated off-season acquisition, 26-year-old pitcher Britt Burns, will not pitch at all this season because of a chronic deteriorating hip condition. He never again pitches in the major leagues. Burns had won 18 games for the White Sox the previous season.

Baseball Birthdays on March 21...

Baseball Deaths on March 21...

82cafb130d531596c004afac88335534.jpg

VN Store

Back