The Dugout - General Topics, Chat, Random Photos and Memes.......No Politics

I met Ron Garvin, Bob Armstrong and Robert and Ron Fuller when I was young.

They came down to the Municipal Building in Newport and wrestled.
The Mongolian Stomper(cop) always posted up at the Kroger near Fulton high.
We would always go and mess with him. I think he genuinely enjoyed us young punks hanging around as he would always try to give us advice and make sure we were staying out of trouble.
We used to mess with Mr Fuji at the East Town mall theatre too.

The Mongolian Stomper(cop) always posted up at the Kroger near Fulton high.
We would always go and mess with him. I think he genuinely enjoyed us young punks hanging around as he would always try to give us advice and make sure we were staying out of trouble.
We used to mess with Mr Fuji at the East Town mall theatre too.
The Stomper came to Newport also.

Good times back then.

Bringing back memoreis…..as I have said, my dad was a beekeeper and also a member of Paschal’s Health Spa in lower Western Plaza. This is where all the wrestlers would work out. My dad supplied these guys with their honey. They would buy it in gallon lots. That place was an institution. Paschal was the guy that fought the bear at Stockley.

Stan Brock (Mutual of Omaha fame) worked out there. He was a physical specimen and never touched a dumbbell. He lived on the pull up bar. He was like a monkey in a man’s body.

I remember Big Jim Hess and the “wharp your head off hold” By Ron and Don Wright. The Tennessee Stud. Mongolian Stomper And so many more.

Good times….great memories.

I remember the Mongolian Stomper and all those guys, the one man gang Ronnie Garvin, the Fuller Brothers the Wrights, Armstrong etc… I was so into it. One day my dad asked if I wanted to go to the gym with him. He never had asked that before.

So we go in, change clothes…There he is. The Stomper. It was like finding out Santa isn’t real.

VN Store

Back