The Dugout - General Topics, Chat, Random Photos and Memes.......No Politics

As a Tulane grad school alum, I somewhat empathize with your issue. I always pull for the Vols, period. That would include against Tulane. But fortunately (for me, I guess) SEC founding-member Tulane hasn't been in the SEC since 1965 and we haven't played Tulane since 1967. I don't remember all that. I like to root for Tulane (in spirit) when they play other teams, but I don't often watch them. I did watch Tulane beat Southern Cal in the Cotton Bowl in '22. lmfao.

But dig this helmet sticker Tulane rocked for a game against Ole Miss 3 or 4 years ago:
View attachment 641908
Maybe they were trolling Kiffin, since Ole Miss has not won the SEC since Tulane was in the conference. 😂 Anyway, Tulane's SEC tenure ended poorly. They did not win more than one SEC game in a season from 1957-65.

But let it be known that to this very day Tulane has more SEC football championships than Mississippi State (2), Kentucky (1), and of course Vanderbilt (0), Arkansas (0), South Carolina (0), Missouri (0) and (your friends) Texas A&M (0). Bwwwaaaaaa. And now that goes for Oklahoma (0) and -- wait for it -- Texas (0), too!
I forgot you too have a degree from Tulane. I saw those helmet stickers and chucked then at the dig at Ole Miss.

No surprise to me that Cabezas dropped her first singles contest. Watching that A&M matchup she was gassed. I’ll say this once again, you know what you sign up for. If you don’t have the stamina either get your cardio game up or don’t play tennis. If you are getting gassed in college matchups then how do you think you are going to perform against professionals with longer and more intense matches? A lot of times sports boils down to willpower and it’s a mindset to overcome being tired. My coaches always told us that you will never use “tired” as an excuse. If you are tired then you will not play for me. It’s part of the job description of an athlete to be in good enough shape to last a tournament or back to back to back games/matches. Either you have the mental fortitude to push through or you don’t. Being tired is a sign of weakness. Idk maybe we are completely out of that era and athletes are too babied now, or maybe I’m just an old “stay off my lawn” man inside of an early 30 year old body.

Who remembers those bright red hotdogs that you should never eat. My ex wife's family always grilled those things on the 4th of July. I just drank my beer.
What? Slap some of that “chili” sauce from a can on them suckers, along with a COLD MILLER LITE, and that’s what I call a gourmet meal!!
mmmmmm. Mmmmmmm.

VN Store

Back