The Dugout - General Topics, Chat, Random Photos and Memes.......No Politics

SEC baseball honors predictions.

POY. Charlie Condon, Moore should receive the award but gut feeling says Condon

COY the Kentucky coach wins this award easily. They had no expectations of being this good by the media

Pitcher of year will go to the left hander from Arkansas Hagen Smith

Newcomer of the year Billy Amick

Last edited:

COY the Kentucky coach wins this award easily. They had no expectations of being this good by the media

POY will go to the left hander from Arkansas Hagen Smith

You’re probably right, Wes Johnson at Georgia should get COY as their expectations were lower than Kentucky and they’ve been a mess until this year. Honestly, I can’t stand either school…….

Pitcher of year will go to the left hander from Arkansas Hagen Smith

If they went off SEC only games then Moore would definitely win. Unfortunately, on the entire season Condon is batting 59 points higher, on base is 110 points higher, slugs 242 points higher, has 7 more home runs, 12 more RBI. Condon absolutely destroyed out of conference competition and that’s going to be the difference in the voting.

If they went off SEC only games then Moore would definitely win. Unfortunately, on the entire season Condon is batting 59 points higher, on base is 110 points higher, slugs 242 points higher, has 7 more home runs, 12 more RBI. Condon absolutely destroyed out of conference competition and that’s going to be the difference in the voting.
Also factor in Condon has been pitched to very selectively in conference and you have to pitch to Cmo because Blake, Billy and others will make you pay. Even when looking at stats all things aren’t equal.

Reactions: VolPack22
Going to be two Game 7’s on Sunday with a trip to the conference finals on the line. Celtics are already into the ECF with their wipeout of the Cavs.

Pacers at Knicks @3:30pm on ABC

Timberwolves at Nuggets @8pm on TNT

Reactions: knoxvol52
Kentucky’s game starts at noon while ours starts at 1pm. Hopefully Kentucky gets the jitters and have a collapse today and we swoop in and take the 1 seed.
I could be wrong but I don't see Vandy winning today. I watched rest of the Kentucky vs Vandy last night and it seems like they done went on summer vacation. Vandy is a broken team. Hopefully I'm wrong .

There hasn’t been a team finish with 22 wins and end up a 3 seed since 2011 whenever Florida, South Carolina, and Vanderbilt all tied at 22 wins and shared the SEC title. South Carolina was the 1 seed, Florida was the 3, and Vanderbilt the 4. Arkansas won the West and the 2 seed with a 15-15 record lol

I could be wrong but I don't see Vandy winning today. I watched rest of the Kentucky vs Vandy last night and it seems like they done went on summer vacation. Vandy is a broken team. Hopefully I'm wrong .
Anytime a team celebrates a championship and poses for photos like the job is fully done they are susceptible to losing. Vandy is also playing for their season. Not saying they will win but they have a decent shot.

It’s going to be nice having baseball without divisions next season. You get 2 permanent opponents and 8 that rotate on an annual basis. “Should be” a more balanced schedule for teams going forward. We thought the same was going to be the case for football but we all saw how slanted those schedules are.

Reactions: knoxvol52

VN Store

Back