The Dugout - General Topics, Chat, Random Photos and Memes.......No Politics

Guys, itā€™s been a pleasure and a ton of fun this season! Iā€™m already looking forward to spending next season with you bunch of noobs! I have to o get some rest, this season has been taxing!šŸ˜
You guys and gals have a good night and Iā€™ll hit you up in the dugout tomorrow!
1E057268-B163-4453-ADFB-F4CC8D8C9DCE.gif
GBO!!

Okay, I truly am taking a bit of a break now - it won't be long - perhaps a day or two or three, need to let this season sit with me for a bit and decompress. I'm staying away from social media for awhile- the schadenfreude from the rest of college baseball about our program is strong.

Take care, everyone! See you later.

One more thought popped into my mind that I had to say: Iā€™m especially grateful to Evan, Luc, and Redmond for returning for their Super Senior seasons. They provided leadership, experience, and were the bridge to last yearā€™s team. While their eligibility is now up, wow, they were members of two historic seasons, and winners of SEC Championship Titles. I will always remember a photo of the three of them embracing while confetti flew around them during the conference tourney title celebration. Not only did they experience so many moments from this season, they witnessed the baseball programā€™s rise from rock bottom to #1 in all of college baseball. That is a unique lifetime experience that theyā€™ll always share and have.

Look forward to welcoming them back as VFLs in the future.

I left to take my folks to the airport when it was 2-1. Obviously I saw the final score but havenā€™t wanted to see what happened or watch any replays. Also havenā€™t been keeping up with whatā€™s happening with the rest of the Super Regionals. Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll come around. Iā€™m proud of this team, never had so much fun during a regular season. You guys and gals made it special. FYI, you all are stuck with this NOOB.
You may be a noob, but you're our noob. So we will just hold onto you. For now.

Welcome to The Dugout!

Here's the premise for the thread:

View attachment 463654

Shout out to the thread idea originator, @mad4vols !
I have to admit that the success this year got me interested in College Baseball (late to the party). It seems to be challenging to put a team together due to NCAA scholarship limits-11.7 scholarships over 27 players with 8 walk ons allowed. It also seems that Vitello has shown that he knows how to build a team under this regime. I imagine it takes a mix of stars with bigger funding and lesser players with smaller funding but still with key roles. My guess is that UT baseball will be good for years since the coaching staff seems to recruit well and understand the recruiting math in the college game. It seems much harder to mix and match and put together a team than is the case with basketball and football, but this could be a source for UTs long-term success as few do it well. Real baseball folks may have a different opinion here, but it is a positve comment about the future!

I would never. We got lots of new folks here with ideas, letā€™s see what happens!!!
Thanks for making this the best forum in Volnation. I know we try you folks patience often. But when things are rolling, this is the happening place to be. I hope in the fall we can do football game threads here and have actual, meaningful commentary on the game, not just the typical negavol tripe that they throw around.and

Last edited:
Thanks for making this the best forum in Volnation. I know we try you folks patience often. But when things AR rolling, this is the happening place to be. I hope in the fall we can do football game threads here and have actual, meaningful commentary on the game, not just the typical negavol tripe that they throw around.and

Thereā€™s plenty of room here for everyone, maybe we just need to take a second and figure it out. We got summer ball, the draftā€¦lots going on before football.

@TN_gal could you change the thread title to just ā€œThe Dugoutā€ and take off the part about A general discussion for baseball, softball and all related events so it doesnā€™t interfere with summer ball and the draft and other specific baseball threads. Thanks šŸ™

Last edited:

VN Store

Back