The Dugout - General Topics, Chat, Random Photos and Memes.......No Politics

Well I’m very stunned because the resilient Gonzaga Bulldogs played topnotch to avoid a soul crushing defeat vs an equal great Los Angeles Bruins team in an unforgettable competitive high scoring game.

Who else is really sad tonight?
Not sad but tonight was basically the 2nd half of the season rolled up into one game. Very inconsistent offense which leads to long scoring droughts and big runs by the opponents. Whenever we got up by 9 early we could have pushed it into double digits but couldn’t take advantage due to allowing offensive rebounds. It’s unfortunate but it’s a crapshoot of a tournament anyways so to be one of the last 16 teams is something to be proud of, especially after the Zakai injury.

Not sad but tonight was basically the 2nd half of the season rolled up into one game. Very inconsistent offense which leads to long scoring droughts and big runs by the opponents. Whenever we got up by 9 early we could have pushed it into double digits but couldn’t take advantage due to allowing offensive rebounds. It’s unfortunate but it’s a crapshoot of a tournament anyways so to be one of the last 16 teams is something to be proud of, especially after the Zakai injury.

That’s why I’m less unhappy I couldn’t watch the rest of the game since tvs got shut off.

Tennessee did get in the Sweet 16 without 1 of their best players so I’m less sad about the disappointing defeat to Florida Atlantic in New York City.

Question of the day.
(No googling)

First one to get all 6 correct wins.
Good Luck!

Can you name the Hall of Fame Quarterbacks final team?

Brett Favre
Joe Namath
Johnny Unitas
Joe Montana
Warren Moon
Ken Stabler

I guess it was too hard so I’m gonna list out the teams and see if you can match all 6 with the final team they played for.

Chiefs
Chiefs
Vikings
Chargers
Saints
Rams

Question of the day.
(No googling)

First one to get all 6 correct wins.
Good Luck!

Can you name the Hall of Fame Quarterbacks final team?

Brett Favre
Joe Namath
Johnny Unitas
Joe Montana
Warren Moon
Ken Stabler

I guess it was too hard so I’m gonna list out the teams and see if you can match all 6 with the final team they played for.

Chiefs
Chiefs
Vikings
Chargers
Saints
Rams
I know Favre, Montana, and Moon but don’t know the answers for the rest.

How is everyone on a late March Friday?

I’m pretty damn happy Gonzaga might finally win a Men’s College Basketball Championship.
They are Kansas because usually a great team in the Men’s March Madness Tournament except with no titles.

Also because Tennessee realistically this weekend can win the series vs Texas AandM.

Who else is really sad tonight?

Always sad when the last second ticks off the clock. What's different for me now is that my boys are more sad than I am, especially since I have to immediately go into consoling mode. Probably a good thing that they had to go straight to bed and sleep it off. I'll miss many of our players who won't be wearing orange, but for a silver lining what I won't miss so much is watching extended stretches of offensively challenged basketball.

Always sad when the last second ticks off the clock. What's different for me now is that my boys are more sad than I am, especially since I have to immediately go into consoling mode. Probably a good thing that they had to go straight to bed and sleep it off. I'll miss many of our players who won't be wearing orange, but for a silver lining what I won't miss so much is watching extended stretches of offensively challenged basketball.
One day when you get old and grumpy, your kids will have to console you after a loss. It’s the cycle of life.

VN Store

Back