The Difference Between Cal Football & TN Football

rexvol

The Minister of Defense
from David Climer.....kind of says it all,

In some college football hotbeds, they camp out for tickets. At the University of California-Berkeley, people are living in the trees outside Memorial Stadium. Seriously.

Sometimes you wonder if the bong water got mixed in with the Gatorade.

I heard something about this. Something about people protesting a stadium expansion. It was on ESPN CFB Live last night.

The movement has its own Web site — saveoaks.com. Last Sunday, there was a concert on the site — The Oak Grove Music Festival — that proclaimed it was celebrating "265 days of tree occupation."
The protesters have said they plan to stay in the trees until they are forcibly removed. It may take awhile. Several groups have sued to stop the construction project.
A judge issued a preliminary injunction preventing the university from breaking ground or removing any trees. The case is likely headed to court.
Welcome to East Bay, y'all. Rocky Top, meet Wavy Gravy.

The Cal fans I met tailgating last year were pretty cool. They were very much football fans in general and were blown away by the atmosphere that is SEC football. The only consistent complaint I heard from them was the open container law and lack of open beer sales...:rolleyes:

I thought the reports of Cal's attempts at reproducing stadium noise and atmosphere were hilarious.

i heard that on CFB Live last night...BH had a great commentary on the situation....

what is never reported is that these 7 or 8 idiots in the trees actually haven't delayed anything and haven't had any effect other than getting lots of press. it's the city that delayed the new facilities. If you guys want to get drunk and chop down some trees, please do. All cal fans will be appreciative. The nuts part is the new development will plant 3 trees for every one tree dug up. idiots.

Cal may beat us, beat I think the biggest difference is overall team speed. I know Cal has some guys that can run really well, but I am talking about overall team speed.

what is never reported is that these 7 or 8 idiots in the trees actually haven't delayed anything and haven't had any effect other than getting lots of press. it's the city that delayed the new facilities. If you guys want to get drunk and chop down some trees, please do. All cal fans will be appreciative. The nuts part is the new development will plant 3 trees for every one tree dug up. idiots.

Should we throw rocks at them as we pass? :)

Cal:
no tradition
average conference
horrible uniforms
dump of a stadium
hippies

TN:
Tradition
Best conf. in America
Classic Stadium
Classic uniforms

The difference between Cal and Tenn football is simple. On the one hand you have arguably the best up and coming team to emerge in decades. The Bears are poised to be legitimate title contenders for years to come, and they have not even reached their apex.

On the other hand we have the old, tired, spoiled Vols, some living in the past, both literally and figuratively. The sad thing for you Vols is Cal is going to make an example out of you after what you did last year! You honestly have no idea what you have walked into, do you? Oh my…:eek:hmy::no:

What has Cal ever won that should lead us to believe they're gona win titles for years to come?

VN Store

Back