The customer is always right. Unless the customer is me.

I remember several years ago we stopped at Taco Bell on the way back to the hotel after a UT game. I intended to order a Mexican Pizza but kept telling the guy I wanted a Mexican Taco, so he kept asking me which kind of taco. This happened at least 3 times before I realized what I was saying.

I just swapped to Geico. Ours, state farm, kept going up for no reason. I mean we'd ask, and they could never answer. Last month it jumped $50 more a montg, so i swapped.

I'm with State Farm and, like yours, mine seems to go up every 6 months when I pay it. I have asked my agent several times why my insurance keeps going up while the value of my vehiles keep going down, and he is yet to give me a specific reason. I am currently shopping around for insurance.....Progressive has given me the best quote so far.

Reactions: joevol33
I'm with State Farm and, like yours, mine seems to go up every 6 months when I pay it. I have asked my agent several times why my insurance keeps going up while the value of my vehiles keep going down, and he is yet to give me a specific reason. I am currently shopping around for insurance.....Progressive has given me the best quote so far.
Progressive will start you out with the best quote to get you as a customer but will go up even higher and faster than State Farm.

It’s the cable/internet business model.

Reactions: Orangeredblooded
My cable TV was messed up during a UT game. I called 1-800-COMCAST. After diagnosing the problem for about 5 minutes I remembered that my parents have Comcast, but I have Charter. I was redneck mad that the cable was out, but at least I wasn't mean to the CSR.
They probably deserved it. Comcast could F up another service with no effort.

Years ago I drove a Z71. I brought it to the dealer for something, can’t remember now. The service tech hopped in the truck and drove it into the bay where I was standing. I forgot to tell him that the door handle on the inside was broken and here is how our conversation went.

Me: The door handle is broken. (Shouting at him through the window)
Him: Well I need to get out.
Me: You have to roll the window down and open the door from the outside. (Shouting again)
Him: Ok. (He just sat there)
Me: I said roll the window down and open it from the outside. (Shouting louder)
Him: Hell, can’t you just open it. (He was frustrated)
Me: Oh yeah. I guess that would make more sense. Sorry I am an idiot.

This did not happen to me but a woman I worked with a while back. She came in the office one day and asked if I knew that you could buy UT sports tickets at the UTC box office. I said I had no idea but maybe since they're all in the same system. She said well you can and I just got 2 great tickets to the UT Alabama game for face value. This was a couple weeks before the game so I was really surprised she was able to do it but didn't think much else about it. Monday after the game rolls around and I asked her how it went. She said it was a nightmare, they got there and someone was sitting in their seats. Well, sort of. She had actually bought tickets to the UTC Alabama game, not UT Alabama. Somehow they still let her in the stadium and she gets to her seats and starts laying into the people sitting there. They demand an usher and when he gets there he quickly figures out they have gotten in with tickets to the wrong game. She's still arguing with him that she bought these tickets at the box office and she knows they are good, which of course is irrelevant. THEY STILL LET THEM STAY which I thought was amazing, found a couple unused seats for them to sit in.

This is about my dad’s idiocy rather than mine but he’s where I got it so it’s all the same. Seems like I’ve told this in another thread recently but wth.

We were at Disney World sometime in the 70s and were getting on that old Skyway ride they used to have, just basic gondolas on cables that took you from one part of the park to another. As the operator was loading us onto the gondola, he tried to make the obligatory small talk and said, “Where are you folks from?” My anxious dad replied, “Oh, uh, we’re from Fantasyland, we’re going to Tomorrowland.” The guy just fell silent and stared at him. As did we all.

To this day, I really think my dad felt he had to specify the destination he was trying to get to, despite the whole cables on poles back and forth thing.

I lived in Northern Virginia in the early to mid 90s. The beginning of the week one of my beer reps stops by to offer me tickets for a Capitals game and I accepted them. Looking at the tickets I see they are for Wednesday night.

Wednesday rolls around and we head to the Cap Center. They still played in Landover, MD at the time and it is a bit of a drive from Alexandria. We get to the turnstile and hand over our tickets. They look at them and tell us the tickets are for Wednesday the following week.

The people behind us are laughing at/with us. They have an extra ticket they give us and then we buy a cheap one at the ticket window.
We went to a Rockets game many years ago and found people in our seats. Called the usher to straighten things out, their tickets were for the same opponent two months later.

Today at Lowes, I had my order filled and wanted to come back tomorrow to pick up. The flooring person entered all my info and sent me to the front to pay. I go to the front.
The service desk person finds my info and my amount rings up. I insert my credit card into the chip reader. And this convo follows:
CSP: After you remove your card it will ask one more question about what kind of receipt you want:
McDad: Ok...
[Chip reader displays REMOVE CARD]
CSP: Just wait until it says remove card.
McDad: Nothing is happening.
CSP: It will after you remove your card.
McDad: I still don't see anything.
CSP: Sir, take your card out of the reader.
McDad [removes card]: Hey! There's the receipt question.

It was at this moment I realized how stupid i was during the preceding 10 seconds. I literally hung my head in disgust at myself. When I looked up at her, she was handing me my receipt. She didn't even give me a sympathy "have a good day". We both turned and ended without another word spoken.
She probably thought you were high 😎

Reactions: joevol33 and McDad
Was getting food at Hardees years ago when I was 12 or 13, with a friend and his dad. They were getting sausage biscuits with all the toppings. Even getting them to add stuff. I didnt even know you could do that. So after be overwhelmed by all they were getting added I wanted "just the biscuit". Everyone looked at me funny and had me repeat the order. I specified I didnt need any of that extra stuff I just wanted the biscuit (thinking sausage biscuit). Well I got just a biscuit and boy was I shocked and embarrassed. After I finished my pitiful meal the dad asked if I needed anything else, too embarrassed to own up I just said no. Friend still gives me crap about it.

Reactions: McDad and joevol33
Fun thread as once I retired from a cable linemen I've worked for Depot and Lowe's. 98% of customers are really enjoyable, warts and all, but as in anything there's some real peaches out there.

VN Store

Back