The customer is always right. Unless the customer is me.

McDad

I can't brain today; I has the dumb.
We've all done it. Happens to the best of us occasionally. Sometimes for no good reason you simply go brain dead interacting with the store's/restaurant's employee; or with a customer service agent.

This thread is for the embarrassing, amusing, or wtf stories of your idiot moments.

I'll start...

Today at Lowes, I had my order filled and wanted to come back tomorrow to pick up. The flooring person entered all my info and sent me to the front to pay. I go to the front.
The service desk person finds my info and my amount rings up. I insert my credit card into the chip reader. And this convo follows:
CSP: After you remove your card it will ask one more question about what kind of receipt you want:
McDad: Ok...
[Chip reader displays REMOVE CARD]
CSP: Just wait until it says remove card.
McDad: Nothing is happening.
CSP: It will after you remove your card.
McDad: I still don't see anything.
CSP: Sir, take your card out of the reader.
McDad [removes card]: Hey! There's the receipt question.

It was at this moment I realized how stupid i was during the preceding 10 seconds. I literally hung my head in disgust at myself. When I looked up at her, she was handing me my receipt. She didn't even give me a sympathy "have a good day". We both turned and ended without another word spoken.

Ingles has their advantage savings card, and I'll buy meat when it's on sale. A while back they had a good sale on Boston butts. I picked out a couple that were normally $25-27, but were bith half price with the card. The girl scanned them, and told me total was 50+ dollars. I immediately said nope, thats wrong because they're on sale. She said they were, but only with the card, to which I politely argued that I gave her my card. She insisted that I didn't, so i went to get it out again, but it was in the car. I felt stoooopid! Out of habit I assumed I had gave it to her.

Today at Lowes, I had my order filled and wanted to come back tomorrow to pick up. The flooring person entered all my info and sent me to the front to pay. I go to the front.
The service desk person finds my info and my amount rings up. I insert my credit card into the chip reader. And this convo follows:
CSP: After you remove your card it will ask one more question about what kind of receipt you want:
McDad: Ok...
CSP: Just wait until it says remove card.
McDad: Nothing is happening.
CSP: It will after you remove your card.
McDad: I still don't see anything.
CSP: Sir, take your card out of the reader.
McDad [removes card]: Hey! There's the receipt question.

It was at this moment I realized how stupid i was during the preceding 10 seconds. I literally hung my head in disgust at myself. When I looked up at her, she was handing me my receipt. She didn't even give me a sympathy "have a good day". We both turned and ended without another word spoken.
930.gif

Okay, so we found ourselves a little short of retirement cash for daily expenses, so my wife recently took a job working the cash register up front at Lowe's. Anyway, she says this big old hairy dude driving some sort of rebuilt wreck of a truck comes up to her register. She felt sorry for the guy, and said he was clueless. She thought that his credit card may have been stolen , due to his appearance, his vehicle ( poorly fitting body panels, mismatched paint, and flaking bondo) , and his inability to understand how to use a credit card reader.…….........…...…….

Last edited:
A few years back, the windshield in my Durango formed a 12 inch crack from a rock strike. Wife is all upset and I told her that's what insurance is for.

So I called USAA to file a claim. After listening to me describe the claim, the CSP told me I didnt have that coverage. Excuse me! Let me talk to a supervisor, please. While on hold, my memory kicked in and I remembered I dropped the full coverage about 3 years earlier. DUH!

I never get angry to anyone about much of anything. This night was the exception

About 4 years ago + I went out with some buddies to our favorite sports bar to watch what was a huge elite 8 basketball game on a late Sunday afternoon . The game went well and we knocked some back.
I get back home and it’s about dinner time . Nothing to eat at the house so I order pizza from papa johns online. I order what I think is my large blah blah with 2 extra garlic sauce . I place my order. Waiting, waiting. An hour and a half or more goes by. I’m getting pissed because I’m starving and Finally the door bell rings. I come to the door, the guy apologizes for running late. I notice no heated pizza bag in hand, he hands me a very light plastic bag.
I say thanks, where’s the pizza ? It’s just garlic sauce in the bag. He hands me the receipt for about 1.50 and I lose it. “Is this some sort of joke? Who the hell delivers only garlic sauce!!?? “You only ordered garlic sauce sir , some people do that.”

“ nobody does that!!!dont you have a minimum fee for delivery?!!! What why didn’t you call?!! Are you insane?” The guy tells me to call the store .

“Oh you best believe I’m calling the store,
Better yet you call him right now you sorry Son of a B&&&&”

The guy literally sprints down the walkway to the driveway to his car and reverses as fast a possible away. I actually laugh. I swear I’m not mean spirited

I call the store manager and give him a piece of my mind and tell him how he’s ruined my night and then I’m Told I’m banned from calling their store for 6 months.

So I was dumb bc I hit the wrong button on my iPad to apparently clear my order of everything of garlic sauce and then amped out on the delivery dork and his boss and got banned.

Last edited:
I never get angry to anyone about much of anything. This night was the exception

About 4 years ago + I went out with some buddies to our favorite sports bar to watch what was a huge elite 8 basketball game on a late Sunday afternoon . The game went well and we knocked some back.
I get back home and it’s about dinner time . Nothing to eat at the house so I order pizza from papa johns online. I order what I think is my large blah blah with 2 extra garlic sauce . I place my order. Waiting, waiting. An hour and a half or more goes by. I’m getting pissed because I’m starving and Finally the door bell rings. I come to the door, the guy apologizes for running late. I notice no heated pizza bag in hand, he hands me a very light plastic bag.
I say thanks, where’s the pizza ? It’s just garlic sauce in the bag. He hands me the receipt for about 1.50 and I lose it. “Is this some sort of joke? Who the hell delivers only garlic sauce!!?? “You only ordered garlic sauce sir , some people do that.”

“ nobody does that!!!dont you have a minimum fee for delivery?!!! What why didn’t you call?!! Are you insane?” The guy tells me to call the store .

“Oh you best believe I’m calling the store,
Better yet you call him right now you sorry Son of a B&&&&”

The guy literally sprints down the walkway to the driveway to his car and reverses as fast a possible away. I actually laugh. I swear I’m not mean spirited

I call the store manager and give him a piece of my mind and tell him how he’s ruined my night and the. Told I’m banned from calling their store for 6 months.

So I was dumb bc I hit the wrong button on my iPad to apparently clear my order of everything of garlic sauce and then amped out on the delivery dork and his boss and got banned.
Outstanding moment of necro neurons.

Last year when I moved to Miami I rented a car to have until mine arrived from Cali. I went to the rental counter at the airport and said I had reserved a car. They could not find the reservation. I showed them the confirmation email on my phone and they noticed my reservation was at a location about 10 miles from the airport. That is when I knew why I had gotten such a great rate on the rental.

A few years back, the windshield in my Durango formed a 12 inch crack from a rock strike. Wife is all upset and I told her that's what insurance is for.

So I called USAA to file a claim. After listening to me describe the claim, the CSP told me I didnt have that coverage. Excuse me! Let me talk to a supervisor, please. While on hold, my memory kicked in and I remembered I dropped the full coverage about 3 years earlier. DUH!
USAA is correct 99.99% of the time. They have insured me since 1967.

USAA is correct 99.99% of the time. They have insured me since 1967.
I actually just left USAA for GEICO. I was surprised that they were able to beat them by a good amount. (I've had USAA pretty much since '02).

USAA is awesome though, and I'm sure at some point I'll be back.

This happened last month, and there is blame all around. I am not very handy, and though youtube and AutoZone customer service both betrayed me, if I were better at this stuff, I would have avoided the whole issue.

The dealer is replacing my brakes and they tell me my brake lights are out and that they can replace them for $40. I say no way. I didn't catch this issue because the tail lights work in normal mode, they just didn't get brighter when the brake was applied. I watch a video on youtube that says it's for replacing brake lights, but I found out later the guy replaced the blinkers (somebody pointed this out in the comments), not the brake lights. So I replace the blinkers and of course, the brake lights still don't work. I go into AutoZone and they tell me that because they're not getting brighter when the brakes are applied, that I have a faulty brake switch. They sell me the wrong brake switch, I replace it, and now the lights don't work at all. I give up, take it to the dealer, and they replace the right lights and put my old brake switch back in. $120 (because they had to diagnose it).

FML

I lived in Northern Virginia in the early to mid 90s. The beginning of the week one of my beer reps stops by to offer me tickets for a Capitals game and I accepted them. Looking at the tickets I see they are for Wednesday night.

Wednesday rolls around and we head to the Cap Center. They still played in Landover, MD at the time and it is a bit of a drive from Alexandria. We get to the turnstile and hand over our tickets. They look at them and tell us the tickets are for Wednesday the following week.

The people behind us are laughing at/with us. They have an extra ticket they give us and then we buy a cheap one at the ticket window.

I lived in Northern Virginia in the early to mid 90s. The beginning of the week one of my beer reps stops by to offer me tickets for a Capitals game and I accepted them. Looking at the tickets I see they are for Wednesday night.

Wednesday rolls around and we head to the Cap Center. They still played in Landover, MD at the time and it is a bit of a drive from Alexandria. We get to the turnstile and hand over our tickets. They look at them and tell us the tickets are for Wednesday the following week.

The people behind us are laughing at/with us. They have an extra ticket they give us and then we buy a cheap one at the ticket window.

I lived in Arlington the same time and loved going to Caps games.

This happened to me and my wife at Harry Potter Studios in England. My wife is a nut for HP and she built a spreadsheet for our vacation. Everything was off by a day and she didn't realize it (and I leave all the planning to her), so we took a train and then a bus from London to Watford and found out we were there a day early. They acted like it was a big deal (IDK why), but let us in after they had given my wife sufficient time to panic.

Reactions: joevol33
I actually just left USAA for GEICO. I was surprised that they were able to beat them by a good amount. (I've had USAA pretty much since '02).

USAA is awesome though, and I'm sure at some point I'll be back.
I just swapped to Geico. Ours, state farm, kept going up for no reason. I mean we'd ask, and they could never answer. Last month it jumped $50 more a montg, so i swapped.

Reactions: YankeeVol
I have paid at a fast-food drive-through window, said thanks when they hand back my change, and driven off without my order. Twice.

This is one of the reasons I don't do fast-food any more...
Everywhere here is prepay for gas if you're not paying at the pump. Occasionally if I have cash, I'll use it, or if we're getting something inside I'll just prepay the gas while paying for everything else. Several times I have paid for gas, then get back outside and drive off without pumping it😄. Luckily they've always remembered me.

Reactions: ATC_VOL and McDad

VN Store

Back