The CFL Thread

Montreal beats Hamilton 28-17.

BC beats Calgary 30-16.

Next Sunday, 11/13:
Montreal at Toronto, 1:00 EST ESPN2

BC at Winnipeg, 4:30 EST ESPN2

Winners will meet in the 109th Grey Cup in Saskatchewan on 11/20.

Reactions: MAD
Hard to go against Winnipeg, they're on another level right now. Had there been a 2020 season they'd probably be going for a 4 peat right now.

Honestly the CFL has some things I like better than the American game. I like the single point/rouge. I like the multiple men in motion and players being able to run towards the LOS. But the CFL field is bigger and there are 12 men so it kind of allows for that better.

One thing the CFL is worse at though is roughing the passer. People think the American game has gone soft with some of the roughing the passer calls, the CFL is way worse. I saw some this year that made Tom Brady's terrible call this year look like a mauling.

Honestly the CFL has some things I like better than the American game. I like the single point/rouge. I like the multiple men in motion and players being able to run towards the LOS. But the CFL field is bigger and there are 12 men so it kind of allows for that better.

One thing the CFL is worse at though is roughing the passer. People think the American game has gone soft with some of the roughing the passer calls, the CFL is way worse. I saw some this year that made Tom Brady's terrible call this year look like a mauling.
My Canadian friend made this comment.
Canadian rules are different than here in the U.S. a lot more offense "Run and Shoot".
Not sure what he meant by run and shoot, seemed like low scoring to me.

Canadian rules are different than here in the U.S. a lot more offense "Run and Shoot".

I can't prove this but I think the games get less high scoring as it gets colder, and BC is the only team that plays indoors. When it's warmer it seems like it's harder to play defense.

Having 3rd down as "4th down" plays a roll in that IMO

Any CFL football watchers here?

Yep. I picked the BC Lions as my team when I visited Vancouver a while back and went to a game. So far they look pretty good this year. 3-0 and dominated the Blue Bombers on the road Thursday night.

I was a bit bummed they didn't renew with ESPN because I used to watch all the games on ESPN+. Now they are showing games on CBS Sports Network and the rest are on CFL+. Which is cool because it's free if you live outside Canada but it's not an app, it's just a webpage right now. Also sucks that apparently their CBS Sports Network coverage ends around when College Football starts so the only way to watch the playoffs and Grey Cup is on CFL+. At least with the ESPN deal they showed the playoff games on ESPN or ESPN2 and the Grey Cup on ESPN2.

Reactions: knoxvol52
Yep. I picked the BC Lions as my team when I visited Vancouver a while back and went to a game. So far they look pretty good this year. 3-0 and dominated the Blue Bombers on the road Thursday night.

I was a bit bummed they didn't renew with ESPN because I used to watch all the games on ESPN+. Now they are showing games on CBS Sports Network and the rest are on CFL+. Which is cool because it's free if you live outside Canada but it's not an app, it's just a webpage right now. Also sucks that apparently their CBS Sports Network coverage ends around when College Football starts so the only way to watch the playoffs and Grey Cup is on CFL+. At least with the ESPN deal they showed the playoff games on ESPN or ESPN2 and the Grey Cup on ESPN2.
Istarting watching years ago it will tell how old I am Edmonton Eskimos with Warren Moon at QB.Now the Eskimos are the Elks. Hope it becomes an app I like watching CFL football,ESPN rather show Cornhole or pickleball it seems lol

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Crazy Grey Cup game last night Montreal wins over Winnipeg. Montreal scored the game winning TD with about 11 second left.

VN Store

Back