The CFL Thread

bad news starting in August instead of June, now they will be competing with college and nfl.
Not sure the CFL really steals fans when they overlap anyway, so I don't think it's a big deal.

CFL starts back up tonight, rematch of the Grey Cup Hamilton at Winnipeg. Airs on ESPN2 at 9:00 EST.

BC/Sas game was crazy. Sas jumped up 31-0 and then had to hold on to win 32-29.

You can score 1 point without it being an extra point?

Yep, called a single or rogue. Any kick that goes into the endzone other than an extra point or made FG and isn't brought out of the endzone results in a point for the kicking team. Also a punt that goes out of bounds in the endzone is a point, but not a kickoff.

It's made some interesting finishes before where a missed FG could still win the game if the other team doesn't get out of the endzone.

Reactions: MAD
Conference Finals Sunday:

Hamilton at Toronto 12:30PM EST ESPNNews
Teams played 4 times this season, Toronto won 3.

Saskatchewan vs. Winnipeg 4:00PM EST ESPNNews
Teams played 2 times this season, Winnipeg won both.

Go Winnipeg. They have a very nice stadium, very fan friendly. Only holds like 30-40k or so I believe. But it’s a great place to watch football

Go Winnipeg. They have a very nice stadium, very fan friendly. Only holds like 30-40k or so I believe. But it’s a great place to watch football

That's a pretty big crowd for a CFL game.

That's a pretty big crowd for a CFL game.
True. It wasn’t sold out the games I went to. But it was a great game atmosphere. Not a bad seat in the house, good parking, and super accessible amenities.

oG5NDvnenUaKOgjb08ZgJOnPmpuSYgeieu3Yxil5rSmqwB4_T1A7QTJ_IA_LwPUU1JLTjdLODCw0SqziF-WSndP3vTpeCBblHWgaJRidO_0qsFSbVvELuMDxUet5PeOl92CdDo8Y9A

Apparently today is the opening week of CFL?

Always good to watch some form of football

Yep. And kudos to the new ownership in Vancouver; apparently he did a lot to reach out to the fanbase and generate interest and they had like I think 35,000 there. That's the biggest crowd they've had in years. They actually had to open up the upper deck which they haven't done since they last hosted a Grey Cup.

I sort of adopted the Lions as my CFL team after seeing them back about 5 years ago. They were terrible that year and I went to one of their final home games and attendance wise it was kinda bad but the ones that showed up were still pretty loud and passionate. So I'm glad the new guy is turning it around. Back in the 80s and 90s they were filling that place up most of the time.

Reactions: WestTennesseeVol
CFL Playoffs today:

Hamilton at Montreal
1:00 EST on ESPN2

Calgary at BC
4:00 EST on ESPN2.

Go Lions!

Reactions: MAD

VN Store

Back