The case of the missing offense

JACK8254

The Vol offense ( 5 star rated O line and the others ) is missing. They haven't been heard from since the first half of the Georgia game. In the last 6 quarters ( a total of 90 minutes game time) the Vols are averaging 1 point per quarter. What happened to that sturdy,impressive bunch of young titans that dominated in the Missouri game and the first half at Athens ? Most everyone in orange thought that they would appear in the second half today with angry and violent intentions about punking the Wildcat D. Never happened. The O line is not over rated , they are under achievers . Do they lack motivation , technique, vitamins , steroids or some combo of all 4? This is a COACHING problem and it needs correction ASAP or these over-paid posers will need to take their hustle on the road. Today was not all J G ( he is very bad) but this team lacked preparation and fire and that is on JP and his lot. Where is their pride and competitive spirit? The worst defeat by a Ky team in over 80 years. I'm embarrassed - are they ? This is not acceptable.

[VIDEO=]
The Vol offense ( 5 star rated O line and the others ) is missing. They haven't been heard from since the first half of the Georgia game. In the last 6 quarters ( a total of 90 minutes game time) the Vols are averaging 1 point per quarter. What happened to that sturdy,impressive bunch of young titans that dominated in the Missouri game and the first half at Athens ? Most everyone in orange thought that they would appear in the second half today with angry and violent intentions about punking the Wildcat D. Never happened. The O line is not over rated , they are under achievers . Do they lack motivation , technique, vitamins , steroids or some combo of all 4? This is a COACHING problem and it needs correction ASAP or these over-paid posers will need to take their hustle on the road. Today was not all J G ( he is very bad) but this team lacked preparation and fire and that is on JP and his lot. Where is their pride and competitive spirit? The worst defeat by a Ky team in over 80 years. I'm embarrassed - are they ? This is not acceptable.
I would have thought they would be embarrassed for the Georgia performance, obviously not

They hit two big plays vs Georgia. JG has his annual big game vs Missouri just like last year. The offense has been failing in all other games in part or in total. 1-11 on 3rd down vs USC. Complete garbage vs Georgia and Kentucky.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
There are few teams that can be a run only team in the modern college game. JG is too easy to defend making UT one dimensional. USCe and Mizzou didn't know how to defend UT. UGA figured it out. UK copied it... as will every opponent going forward until JG is replaced. He may have another game or two that give you "hope". But UT cannot compete without much better QB play. He simply does not keep D's honest enough for UT to dominate with the run game. Even Wilson gives UK something. He threw effective at times and is always a run threat.

The day of "game managers" has passed. You have to have someone who can make plays at QB. Even if it hadn't... you can't win with a game manager who makes the mistakes JG is making.

Were they that bad? I didn’t think so.

Gave up 2 sacks ....one was JGs fault.
175 yds rushing at 4.3 yds carry

I think JGs mistakes demoralizing the entire team is the issue.
This right here. The defense kept fighting until the got wore down by being on the field constantly. We were moving the ball better than kentucky until JG gives them a 14 point boost. You could see the air come out of our offense due to JG. With a good qb we are 3-1 easily. Yes, we have to get better all around, but Qb is killing us. Our defense would actually be good if we didn't put them on the field every 2 minutes. GBO!

Until teams have to respect our throw game our offense and team will suck.

No elite QB or WR will ever consider signing with CJP.

We will be lucky to keep Salter.

His phone must be exploding with calls from recruiters.

Reactions: nomads-11

I know one of the sacks has to be placed on Ty Chandler. On the play, he is staying in for protection, but instead of recognizing a rush from the right side of the Kentucky defense, he double teams the guy that the left tackle was on. I saw that coming before it even happened.

Reactions: Doberman
I honestly believe the team has no confidence in JG and it’s impacting their play as well as their confidence in their coach. I have no more to go on than having watched the games. But this is my belief.

This. No one wants to play with JG. He's like the kid who got on the team because his parents knew somebody, not because of his talent. The offense is almost always lifeless when he is in the game. When mistakes do happen his lack of leadership is glaring on the field and on the sideline. To use a worn out phrase by virtue signalers, he creates a "toxic environment".

I thought we were supposed to be a smash mouth offense this year. The OL + Chandler + Gray and a 5th yr Sr managing it all.

Chaney hasn't been able to restrain himself and scheme an offense using the weapons he has. Pound the rock, manage the clock and ToP, then take the shots at opportune moments. Instead, we've tried to be an uptempo, slinging offense.

This. The rest of the team sees what is happening and if you are playing for a QB where you cannot have faith will lead the team to wins it kills about 30 percent of that 110% effort you wanted to give, and we cant win with 80% effort yet

UT has not had a well prepared offense since Cutcliff was here. UT should have hired him after Fulmer instead of the Dooley or Butch.

I would say the lone exception to this would be the 2012 team. The problem with that team was that as good as the offense was, the defense was on the other end of the spectrum bad.

I thought both sacks were on JG, he should have slid up in the pocket on both and he would have had a clean pocket to throw from.

From Joel Silverberg ariticle "The Vols managed one first down and just 16 total yards on Guarantano’s final four drives. " and that was AGAINST KENTUCKY WHEN WE WERE LOSING, I don't want to hear how he completed xx.xx% of his checkdowns the last 3 years, ever again

they tried to- he said no thanks
Regarding Cut taking the Vols HC:
I was in Memphis while Cut was at Ole Miss, he is a great coach and super human being, but he didn't want or need the pressure it took to coach at Ole Miss, even back then, he's happy at Duke and doing a great job imo .... he did seem to help bring along a couple of pretty good QB's back in those days if I remember correctly

Last edited:
Reactions: ArmchairQB
We are one of the worst offenses in the SEC yet again. RS SR QB, 5* OL, upperclassmen RBs and WRs. Yet about the only offense we are better than is Vandy.

I thought we were supposed to be a smash mouth offense this year. The OL + Chandler + Gray and a 5th yr Sr managing it all.

Chaney hasn't been able to restrain himself and scheme an offense using the weapons he has. Pound the rock, manage the clock and ToP, then take the shots at opportune moments. Instead, we've tried to be an uptempo, slinging offense.

Except you can’t do that in the SEC. Even mid tier teams have enough athletes to jam the LOS and stuff the run when there’ll willing to sell out for it.

If you do not have a legitimate pass threat that can beat man coverage regularly, you will never run the ball for a full ball game.

VN Store

Back