The call is just to easy to make

Pruitt wasn’t going to actually do anything with his talent anyways. I mean even Dooley was able to put together a potent offense. What has Pruitt done on his side of the ball? How dominant has the Tennessee defense been?
DAm-!! I hate this S!!

With Terrance Lewis decommiting and probably more of our top recruits following then it has become a no brainer now because his record and decision making just justifies it I liked him and wanted to see him succeed but I just don't think that going to happen so I am ready to see him go.

Quit reading at “to easy to make.”

If Pruitt was worried about his job “at all”........he would have made a QB change.

Seriously.......no one is that dumb. He’s not worried in the least. He certainly should be......hopefully in reality he should be.......but he isn’t.

That tells us a lot.

I’m still hopeful Santa is listening and will bring us a shiny new (and good) coach for Christmas.
If you had GUARANTEED $12,000,000 coming.....would you be worried? Me neither.

He’s a kid. He gave his best effort every week and while it wasn’t what we needed to win, he gave his all for the Vols.

It is not Guarantano’s fault. He is just doing what he is told to do.

It’s Pruitt’s fault for not playing a better option.

I'd hate to be the one evaluating a guy with no head-coaching experience. Pruitt was supposed to be a "hands-on" type that could develop talent (all we could judge was what he had done with SOME OTHER head coaches' players). Now, three years in, we KNOW that he can't develop talent and he can't even recognize failure... add to that an absolute stubbornness that prevents him from correcting his mistakes has given the University of Tennessee another coach that HAS PROVEN that he can't do the job.

In the News-Sentinel this morning, John Adams (ugh, spew, vomit) posted an article detailing the failure to develop the great talent, some that UT ATTRACTS REGARDLESS OF THE COACH. As much as I hate to admit it, he is exactly right. That is where we are now.

Hiring coaches must be similar to hiring car salesmen... some are great talkers. A few can bring back a signed order. Saban, Mullen and others are the real deal... we just have a (poor) talker.

Dang, this is my longest post ever. Sorry Freak. But the solution is next time HIRE A PROVEN WINNER. And don't believe the line that we can't afford one.

Reactions: lifeisdeep and EZE
Who is Pruitt’s agent? Does he and Freeze share the same agent? I don’t see how our “expert” boosters and adminstrators don’t screw that up no matter what.

This is why you cannot hire Freeze before you fire Pruitt. They have the same agent, who also happens to be Fulmer's agent. It will be VERY hard to hire anyone until the current head coach is fired, and that is not likely to happen this year. Since Sexton has so many coaches, only someone not represented by Sexton could even be considered, and hiring someone for a position that is not open is generally frowned on by the person you want to hire anyway.

you gotta be nuts if you think we're dumping pruitt before signing day. guys are definitely jumping ship if they lose their coach and it's an aweful season.
If we did it now, and got Freeze, I think we'd pick up recruits. They know that dude knows how to use talent.

So what does Butch’s last year and Priutt’s third year have in common. Hint- initials JG.
Has a single QB ever contributed to the demise of two coaches? That list would be short but distinguished.

Reactions: Plecoptera
If you had GUARANTEED $12,000,000 coming.....would you be worried? Me neither.

True

However I meant he doesn’t seem worried about “losing” his job.

Money certainly isn’t a problem. However one would assume he wants to be a head coach. Possibly he has desires of becoming a very successful head coach.

If Pruitt gets fired (from Tennessee) before he “turns things around” (although I don’t think he can turn things around)......he would most likely be forced to become a DC again or take a much lower profile HC.

That would take him back “years” from becoming a “big time” coach......if ever.

If he were fired it would greatly hinder his career aspirations.......certainly not hinder his Amazon buying aspersions.

Yet it doesn’t seem like he is worried.......”if” he isn’t (which maybe he is.....I don’t know) then that says a lot.

With Terrance Lewis decommiting and probably more of our top recruits following then it has become a no brainer now because his record and decision making just justifies it I liked him and wanted to see him succeed but I just don't think that going to happen so I am ready to see him go.
We are waiting on you to write the check.

Pruitt wasn’t going to actually do anything with his talent anyways. I mean even Dooley was able to put together a potent offense. What has Pruitt done on his side of the ball? How dominant has the Tennessee defense been?
I agree with your sentiment. But to be fair to Dooley, he did not field a defense lol

Two, too, to

VN Store

Back