The Big Tech March to Silence Free Speech

VolStrom

He/Him/Gator Hater
This hasn't seemed to garner much interest but it really disturbs me. Google, Apple and Amazon has seemingly conspired together to remove a competitor from existing as a platform and be an alternative to twitter. First Google removed the app Parler from their download store, then Apple and finally Amazon finished them off by refusing to host their platform.
These big techs seem to have a blatant disregard for free speech anymore and they have unleashed the Kraken on conservatives.

There's always Mastadon. Great service. Federated, so no centralization. Rules are up to the server admins.

You think any business owner can deprive a customer from service? Can I fire an employee for political view?

Depends on the state. In the regressive states, you can fire an employee for wearing a tie in a pattern you don't like so long as you don't tell them why.

Depends on the state. In the regressive states, you can fire an employee for wearing a tie in a pattern you don't like so long as you don't tell them why.

What if I as an Agri CEO decides I do not want to deliver product to a Dem state? This whole Dem narrative of shutting down Red states and voices is such a dangerous path. Kicked off a Delta flight for talking about Trump and all this retribution talk is going to end BADLY

Google doesn't worry me with their platform. Want an app that isn't on their app store? No problem! You can install another app store and/or sideload the app with just a few clicks. No problem.

This is an issue for Apple, where the Walled Garden approach makes sideloading nearly impossible without a functional jailbreak. Their control over their OS ecosystem saves them time and money but is extremely limiting to the end user.

Reactions: Gandalf
What if I as an Agri CEO decides I do not want to deliver product to a Dem state? This whole Dem narrative of shutting down Red states and voices is such a dangerous path. Kicked off a Delta flight for talking about Trump and all this retribution talk is going to end BADLY

That's easy. The Dem states will create shell companies registered in a Rep state, buy the goods, and transport it in. Fixable by making shell companies illegal.

I have not seen the video of the airplane incident you're discussing, but I do know flight attendants have tight leeway in determining if a passenger could be a provocation risk.

That's easy. The Dem states will create shell companies registered in a Rep state, buy the goods, and transport it in. Fixable by making shell companies illegal.

I have not seen the video of the airplane incident you're discussing, but I do know flight attendants have tight leeway in determining if a passenger could be a provocation risk.

Reactions: StarRaider

Thanks. That's the aftermath, though, Is there video of the incident itself?

And if whatever they said was loud enough to be heard that far forward in the cabin, it wouldn't have mattered if it was pro-Trump or pro-Green Bay Packers. But I was taught differently about riding in mass transit than most.

And you’re a college professor?

Yes. Which automatically makes me the enemy and out of touch with reality. I know the drill.

I was a middle school teacher for 14 years and served on the negotiations team for nine of those, with one cycle as the chief negotiator. We had a positive relationship with the board team for the most part.

Yes. Which automatically makes me the enemy and out of touch with reality. I know the drill.

I was a middle school teacher for 14 years and served on the negotiations team for nine of those, with one cycle as the chief negotiator. We had a positive relationship with the board team for the most part.
It is quite ironic, no?

VN Store

Back