The Big Question

DW had just made the new system the headline of the hire during his remarks. They've quickly made it the brand on social media. I don't see how the reporters don't ask about it.
It wasn't the question per se, right, which at face value was pretty innocuous-- do you think you might have to modify your system a little bit?

It appeared that CKC took the question, correctly or incorrectly, as a challenge to her fitness for the job. We can't know from the video if it was Adam's tone, body language, or something that happened earlier but CKC seemed a bit primed to not take any crap from Adams. Someone may have warned her that he is the type to ask a "gotcha" question. I am so glad it happened though, CKC's 'death stare" was worth the price of admission.

It was not an " if looks could kill..." but "how the heck is John Adams still alive after that"? This is a bigger miracle than all those bullets that missed Jules and Vincent in Pulp Fiction.Jules_PF.jpg

Last edited:
It’s just Majors, not John Majors or Johnny Majors.

Seems John asked a question the board is intrigued with. I look forward to your rebuttals to all those who had the same thoughts.
And I'll look forward to your rebuttals of those who think it was a stupid question.

And I'll look forward to your rebuttals of those who think it was a stupid question.
It was standard question. Seems he’s not the only one with questions. Keep up so no rebuttal needed.

So I’ll say it again, anyone offended by the question is looking to be offended.

Tennessee is not always a victim

Adams is not Cornelius. Learn the difference. It's not his job--or that of any columnist--to be a "fan"of UT. That is something fans struggle to get. He's not paid to be a cheerleader for any program. He's paid to be objective--and paid to ask tough questions. College sports beat reporters are notoriously meek--almost never ask tough questions because they don't want flinty AD's or communications people vengefully cutting their access. I forget the name of the women's BB reporter during the Warlick years--and even though the team and the program was struggling and had various problems, he never asked any pointed questions.
Generally speaking, sports is entertainment. Not life or death stuff, usually. Writing positive articles about the home team is likely to be more profitable than not writing them. You don't have to lie about it but if it lends itself to be positive, why not? It draws more interest to the game, more fun, more dollars spent better economy. If our teams are doing something wrong, I want to know about it, but if they are doing something right, I not only want to know about it, I want to enjoy it. Sometimes it IS their job to be a cheerleader. If Adams doesn't want to write it that way under the guise of being "objective", I will find someone that will, and I doubt I'm the only one.

Some folks relish the GADFLY position in life. I can see how you could love and appreciate his methods. You share that with Adams, thus you both get challenges from the masses.
Adams is paid to generate traffic via subscriptions and clicks.

Most media today drive traffic during negativity and turmoil And people tuning in to see what “stupid” Adams said today. Just the business these days it Is why the news media will cover a train derailment for months like it is an incoming nuclear missile.

Adams is not Cornelius. Learn the difference. It's not his job--or that of any columnist--to be a "fan"of UT. That is something fans struggle to get. He's not paid to be a cheerleader for any program. He's paid to be objective--and paid to ask tough questions. College sports beat reporters are notoriously meek--almost never ask tough questions because they don't want flinty AD's or communications people vengefully cutting their access. I forget the name of the women's BB reporter during the Warlick years--and even though the team and the program was struggling and had various problems, he never asked any pointed questions.
What you said about Adams is certainly true about Cora Hall. However, Adams is a sports opinion columnist so his job is closer to Maria's than Cora's. The difference is that Maria is paid to write glorified PR pieces, under the guise of providing "insider" info on the program. Adams is paid to generate traffic and clicks. He has obviously found that being a contrarian and critic meets that goal more effectively. Having said that, his column on CKC was pretty favorable so I agree that we have a lot of "much ado over nothing" in this latest bout of Adams flaming...

Last edited:
I liked his article this morning and thought his question at the press conference was a fair question to ask.

She will probably have to make adjustments to her system especially for teams that have guards that can break a press.

If the ladies are going to shoot a lot of 3’s, she will need athletic rebounders.

Should be fun to watch.

What you said about Adams is certainly true about Cora Hall. However, Adams is sports opinion columnist so his job is closer to Maria's than Cora's. The difference is that Maria is paid to write glorified PR pieces, under the guise of providing "insider" info on the program. Adams is paid to generate traffic and clicks. He has obviously found that being a contrarian and critic meets that goal more effectively. Having said that, his column on CKC was pretty favorable so I agree that we have a lot of "much ado over nothing" in this latest bout of Adams flaming...
If he wants to be a contrarian, we want to enjoy someone giving him his comeuppance, real or imagined... thank you Coach Kim. Good start.

Thanks. You're a good'un, too.

Your "Lemon" story is just so "cat." Nothing like them for entertainment.

Upon reflection, I agree the question was fair (not that dissimilar to others). I think it was a combination of my dislike for his writing and his tone that rubbed me the wrong way (cat analogy).
Had cats for 40 years. Have a 14 year old
Female Gray one now.

That was my issue with Adams question. It was not the question but time and place of it. Adams knew he was only going to get a basic nothing response coach speak answer to that question in that situation, so why ask it. Not sure of his motive there.
He probably was interested like some LV fans if there would be any adjustments made to the system, I would not look too deep into the question really.

I don't get the backlash. I thought it was a perfectly reasonable question. <shrugs>.
Naw, she should have responded with, “Seriously, did you really graduate from a four year institution?” Or “Nah, I am going to start working on my buy out tomorrow.”

Does anybody really have his CLICK data. Love to see his trend analysis for the last decade.

ZERO from my devices.

It was standard question. Seems he’s not the only one with questions. Keep up so no rebuttal needed.

So I’ll say it again, anyone offended by the question is looking to be offended.

Tennessee is not always a victim
Again, not offended. Maybe you should work on reading comprehension there champ.

Again, not offended. Maybe you should work on reading comprehension there champ.

My apologies, now you’re coming across as very offended. That was on Tuesday and as of Saturday you’re still sulking in it.

To quote the late great Pat Summitt “toughen up, buttercup”

Last edited:
1. Adams is a pompous ass. I honestly wish he'd go back to Baton Rouge and cover his alma mater. I'm pretty sure he doesn't even like UT.
2. It was a stupid question. Of course the new coach thinks she can succeed here, or she wouldn't have taken the job.
I second the motion.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
You aren’t successful if you haven’t anticipated failure. And CKC has been successful.

And it’s never Adams’ questions: It’s his tone and attitude that are offensive.
I felt he implied ‘What makes you think you are good enough to coach here’
it was the implication of the question and the idiot asking the question.
Her response was priceless.

Naw, she should have responded with, “Seriously, did you really graduate from a four year institution?” Or “Nah, I am going to start working on my buy out tomorrow.”

Does anybody really have his CLICK data. Love to see his trend analysis for the last decade.

ZERO from my devices.

His videos always have like 25 views. He’s shouting into the mirror most of the time.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back