The Biden/Harris Administration Accomplishments Thread

Utah Was Warned Racial Rationing of COVID Drugs Was Illegal. It Did It Anyway.

Utah public health officials were warned that allocating COVID drugs based on race violated federal law, but did so anyway with the backing of the Biden administration, emails and documents obtained by the Washington Free Beacon show.

Utah’s points-based system for prioritizing COVID patients, which allocated more points for being non-white than for having congestive heart failure, troubled two law professors specializing in bioethics. They informed the doctors who designed the system in September 2021 that it was probably illegal.

Utah Was Warned Racial Rationing of COVID Drugs Was Illegal. It Did It Anyway. - Washington Free Beacon

Utah public health officials were warned that allocating COVID drugs based on race violated federal law, but did so anyway with the backing of the Biden administration, emails and documents obtained by the Washington Free Beacon show.

Utah’s points-based system for prioritizing COVID patients, which allocated more points for being non-white than for having congestive heart failure, troubled two law professors specializing in bioethics. They informed the doctors who designed the system in September 2021 that it was probably illegal.

Utah Was Warned Racial Rationing of COVID Drugs Was Illegal. It Did It Anyway. - Washington Free Beacon

So no lawsuits even though it was illegal? If the racial rationing was detrimental to blacks, think this might be different?

Reactions: AM64

So they didn't give any to the Utah Jazz? I've lived in Utah, the only black people there are athletes.... practically.

Nice little nugget of truth in there -

The gap between law and policy widened with the pandemic, which provided an emergency pretext for suspending civil rights.

And that was across the board.

Reactions: norrislakevol
Around 10% inflation
Gas that costs about 5-6$ a gallon.
He ate the country's entire ice cream stock

Hold on I'm going to storm cinderella's castle brb.

I think it’s an ideal time for everyone to switch to electric cars

Had some dips hitter in a Tesla tailgate my ass today. I was not impeding as he yanked right and left and finally overcame me to be just ahead of me. He took the GPS instructed left turn lane just a couple hundred feet from his and mine desired left light turn red-light and he was back behind me.

Thank you Jesus for the teachable moment.

$5.99 in Frostburg, MD when I left campus today. Made me wince, and I don't even drive a diesel vehicle.

Good grief these diesel prices are outrageous. The increased cost of goods and services will continue to follow. It's hard to want to purchase anything. I hope it doesn't create a new reset on prices that never go down.

Reactions: AshG and AM64

VN Store

Back