The bible excuse is used as a way to hate gay people

From some of the things I've read, there are 400 state benefits and 1,100+ federal benefits granted to married couples. Lesbian and gay couples want to marry for the same reasons as heterosexual couples. I see no reason to deny them this right. Marriage equality is a fundamental right. Same-sex couples cannot participate fully in our society if they are denied the legal rights and cultural privileges offered to heterosexual couples through marriage. Children benefit from legal marriage. If the government does base an amendment on religion to discriminate, governments will be favoring one religion over another because many religions support same-sex marriage.

I always felt the bible did not approve of homosexuality because per the bible the purpose of marriage was raise children and a family. The old testament is hardcore, adulterers were suppose to be stoned, theifs lose their hand, etc. View it in the context of the other punishments in the bible.

Reactions: 1 person
I just don't see why we should let a religious issue negatively affect anyone's financial and social issues.

I just don't see why we should let a religious issue negatively affect anyone's financial and social issues.

We shouldn't. Has no place there. I don't see how any civilized human being would want to deprive another human being of any rights or benefits based on race, religion, sexual orientation, etc. No disclaimer should be hung on anyone where it comes to human rights or humanitarianism.

We shouldn't. Has no place there. I don't see how any civilized human being would want to deprive another human being of any rights or benefits based on race, religion, sexual orientation, etc. No disclaimer should be hung on anyone where it comes to human rights or humanitarianism.

So you support beastiity? Polygamy? And who are the courts to say that 14 year olds can't marry?

Last edited:
If simple messages passed from person to person breed misinterpretation and confusion, how can the oldest book in the world not have much of the same.

Just giving you a heads up; the anti-gay Christians are going to retort that the Old Testament/Covenant/Law was fulfilled by Jesus and no longer applies. Then, they will cite the epistles of Saul of Tarsus (the man who spoke with ghosts) to state that marriage is between a man and a woman. Your best tactic is to dump every ridiculous claim Saul makes, specifically in his epistles to Timothy, on their laps. Then ask them why they are not requesting either a state or federal mandate prohibiting women from teaching boys.

Every post I read of yours makes me appreciate more and more that I am not you. Hell, It makes me glad i don't even know you.

Reactions: 2 people
lolwut? Most of his posts make me facepalm, but that was a great post.

Actually, it was not. If he actually would STUDY the Bible and not go off what others have "taught" him or what he read, he would actually understand what the Bible states.

Studying and Reading are two different things.

Actually, it was not. If he actually would STUDY the Bible and not go off what others have "taught" him or what he read, he would actually understand what the Bible states.

Then what was wrong with what he said?

Does "studying the bible" entail that I do so under the guidance of a religious figure who believes that the book is somehow holy? If so, I choose to continue to simply read the bible.

VN Store

Back