The best SEC ever?

The back stretch of our conference schedule is loaded with these teams.

To paraphrase the great Rorschach..."Our schedule isn't loaded with them...their schedule is loaded with us!".

RIP Lady Vols...the queen is dead. Long live the king! Hopefully the queen can be soon resurrected when the head is replaced.

there have been some good SEC seasons in the past...I just don't remember one as good as this, top to bottom, and it's not just the number of teams in the top 25, but the quality of those teams...still lots to play for but it's gonna be good...hold on...:D

GO VOLS...RECRUIT LIKE HECK!

Ole Miss is definitely a surprise. But the SEC did not play great out of conference. A&M and Carolina were terrible. Bama had a couple of bad losses. Florida wasn’t great. UGA wasn’t good.

I think the SEC is top heavy, but there is enough competition to make it interesting.

Reactions: cardvolfan
To paraphrase the great Rorschach..."Our schedule isn't loaded with them...their schedule is loaded with us!".

RIP Lady Vols...the queen is dead. Long live the king! Hopefully the queen can be soon resurrected when the head is replaced.
Watchmen reference?

Ole Miss is definitely a surprise. But the SEC did not play great out of conference. A&M and Carolina were terrible. Bama had a couple of bad losses. Florida wasn’t great. UGA wasn’t good.

I think the SEC is top heavy, but there is enough competition to make it interesting.
Agreed. Let’s see how we fare this weekend against the Big 12 but at this point last year the SEC as a whole had performed better out of conference. It’ll be tough this weekend with Miss St, LSU, and Auburn not participating. I heard that BPI favors the Big 12 in 8 of the 10 games. I think the SEC wins more than that but I don’t know that it will be as good as Antoine Walker’s 7-3 prediction.

Not necessarily correlated, but the SEC doesn't have the big names like back in the day.

Sir Charles, the Round Mound of Rebound

The Human Highlight Film

Ernie and Bernie

Shaq (and Stanley Roberts TT2)

Chris Jackson

Pistol Pete

Goose Givens

Sam Bowie (the Twin Towers)

Melvin Turpin

Rupp's Runts

Dan Issel

Dale Ellis / Allan Houston / Tony White

Several from the Ark and FL natty rosters

Marshall Henderson... a shooter and a character

Elston Turner

Johnny Neumann

To name a few

Don't hate me for any spelling foe paws

I think it was during Bruce's tenure that the SEC was putting 6 and 7 teams in the dance. Seems a possible 8 one year.

VN Store

Back