The best seat in the house

The U/T section underneath the upper level 40 yard line...........is perfect......good people there.

Well, when it comes to seating at football games, I can be hard to please. That is in terms of what I want, not necessarily what I get. Therefore, I accept only one proffered chair. That chair would be Professor Charles Xavier's hoverchair. And that modified to have a service ceiling of 40 feet. Thus allowing me to hover just above the football field to watch the game at whatever angle I want at any given moment in time. Even dip down to listen in on huddles and player sideline comments, then zip back up to 40 feet before play resumed.

I always liked Y or YY. Actually anything on that end of the stadium. Although one time I was too high up in the lower bowl (almost the top row) and we couldn't see the JumboTron. Nice and cool in the shade though.

Best seats ever were in YY directly behind the goal posts Wilhoit nailed the game winning FG against Florida in 2004. That was awesome.

Now that I think about it the only seat I didn't care for was in the south upper deck corner (QQ I think?) right next to a pack of Bammers. Didn't help we got curb-stomped.

XX1, anywhere from row 13 and up. Folding seats that are actually wide and can fit my large rear end. Excellent Jumbotron view, and you can see the plays developing. Although that wasn't very advantageous last time I sat there (Oklahoma 2015).

DD row 1 seat 1. As VFLCody said, it's just so hot during some of the games on the east side. I sat in FF for Florida in 2016 and thought I was going to die.

I sat in DD Row 1 versus Florida in 2010. Obviously the game didn’t go well, and it was blazing , but there was no better vantage point in Neyland that I had sat in before. You could see everything unfolding perfectly.

Any seats in the north upper deck with the full movie theater chairs please. That’s the only place i want to sit

I've been in T, YY, G and the terrace. I'll vote for my couch in front of my 75" Samsung.

Reactions: FlyFishnVol
What areas are under shade since I am considering a September game?
Ideally, you want to be anywhere from about P to about X3 or 4 so the sun will set behind you and you'll get shade earlier. R-W get the added shade from the skyboxes. A-J get the most sun and GG, HH and II should be avoided at all costs unless you want to feel like a french fry under a heat lamp for 3 hours.

Ideally, you want to be anywhere from about P to about X3 or 4 so the sun will set behind you and you'll get shade earlier. R-W get the added shade from the skyboxes. A-J get the most sun and GG, HH and II should be avoided at all costs unless you want to feel like a french fry under a heat lamp for 3 hours.

It can be really bad. My niece who is going into her Junior year this year and got us tickets for Family Day back in '17 for the UMass game. The University sells cheap tickets to students for their family but they are in GG. If you don't know that corner is just direct sunlight all day. We had to leave at the half. It was brutal.

BTW, speaking of that brutal Southeast corner does anyone know how the band does it? I have to imagine those uniforms are not exactly breathable and they are just taking the brunt of the sun. It almost seems like it would be a heat injury risk.

When will game begin to get streamed in 360 or 180 VR? Watched part of a NBA Finals game the other day on VR filmed behind the backboard and OH MYYY! When this goes live, it's gonna be hard to pay for upper decks.

Thank you.

This is going to be a very subjective thread but is possibly a fun off season topic. In your opinion, if someone were going to give you any seat you wanted in Neyland, which would you choose? Lets rule out the box seats because that is too obvious. You would think 50 yard line as close as possible to the field but I have had the pleasure of sitting there before and it was not the panacea I expected. I could not really see all the action and it was difficult to see if the player crossed the goal line. For me front row upper decks CC/DD/UU or TT is the sweet spot. The game unfolds before you just like you are watching it on a jumbotron television.

Although, truth be told, if I was sincerely picking a spot it would most likely be one with some shade. It gets pretty dang hot in that place sometimes, especially upper deck east side. I have roasted my nuts off up there before.
50 yd line, West side, lower deck in the dry

In the endzones next to the student section and the band for a big game. There's no better atmosphere anywhere in the world

I've sat in about 8 different sections, my favorite was in Q, around row 20-24. I remember there only being six seats on that row. Just don't want to spend that cash every year.

I’ve sat in a few different places, but will be sitting in CC row 6 for the USC game this year. Hoping it will be cool enough by the end of October that we won’t roast, but I’m excited to see a game from that low in the upper deck. I’ve sat in row 2 of S and wouldn’t sit there ever again. Couldn’t see anything

VN Store

Back