The Bad Batch (Disney +)

chatsworth_vol

The Bad Batch just kicked off on Disney+ today. I gotta say I like it. It deals with clone force 99 and the aftermath of Order 66/ rise of the Empire. I think it really has some good potential. I look forward to the next episode.

Reactions: OptimusPrimerib
cool idea. just not into cartoons, animation.
I felt the same way and didn't watch the clone wars series for the same reason. Until I watched Rebels with my son. Even with it being animated it was awesome, then we watched Clone Wars and it was even better. I kicked myself for being so stubborn and not watching sooner. I let my ego (I'm an adult, I'm above "cartoons") keep me from watching a damn good story.

Reactions: vader
cool idea. just not into cartoons, animation.
That's a narrow way of thinking. Look at series like Batman: The Animated Series, IMO it's one of the best shows ever and certainly one of the best incarnations of Batman ever done and it's spinoff shows were all fantastically done. Star Wars Rebels and Clone Wars again is some of the best Star Wars stuff ever done.

I'm currently enjoying the first season of the animated Adult Star Trek series on Paramount+ Star Trek: Lower Decks.

Not to mention great Adult Animated non cartoon shows in the past like King of the Hill, Futurama etc...

That's a narrow way of thinking. Look at series like Batman: The Animated Series, IMO it's one of the best shows ever and certainly one of the best incarnations of Batman ever done and it's spinoff shows were all fantastically done. Star Wars Rebels and Clone Wars again is some of the best Star Wars stuff ever done.

I'm currently enjoying the first season of the animated Adult Star Trek series on Paramount+ Star Trek: Lower Decks.

Not to mention great Adult Animated non cartoon shows in the past like King of the Hill, Futurama etc...
yeah none of those do much for me. Just lose interest. dont know what else to say.

I felt the same way and didn't watch the clone wars series for the same reason. Until I watched Rebels with my son. Even with it being animated it was awesome, then we watched Clone Wars and it was even better. I kicked myself for being so stubborn and not watching sooner. I let my ego (I'm an adult, I'm above "cartoons") keep me from watching a damn good story.

I love animation but thought the CW movie was trash when I first watched it. Some of that was SW fatigue after the prequels wrapped. A lot was how annoying Ahsoka was. For those reasons I skipped the show when it aired. Started hearing how good it was during the 3rd and 4th seasons but this was before the days of streaming so there wasn’t an instant way to catch up.

Years later when Rebels debuted I gave it a shot with my kids and really enjoyed it. When Ahsoka popped up in the S1 finale I was ready to jump into CW on Netflix. So glad I did.

Come to find out Ahsoka was purposefully annoying when she was introduced. As the series went on, her character developed into the fan favorite she is today. In fact I would say she is the best developed character in all of SW.

Are there dud episodes and storylines? Sure. But over all it is really the Prequel story we wanted that the movies failed to deliver.

Rebels was excellent. From the Vader confrontations, concluding Maul’s arc, to the culmination of Kanan’s story. So many emotional moments.

Which brings us to the Bad Batch. The CW episodes they appeared in were solid but not my favorites. Just finished the premier and was thoroughly impressed with the story they are setting up. This is a relatively unexplored time in SW so it was interesting to see the beginnings of the transition from clones to enlisted men for the Stormtroopers.

Oh and that opening scene when Order 66 was initiated 😳😎

you did catch who the padawan was right? Kanan

Oh yeah. I knew as soon as…

the Jedi said her padawan was coming with back up.

I don’t read a lot of SW books/comics but I did read the Kanan miniseries. That scene was pretty accurate to that but the Bad Batch wasn’t in the comic.

Reactions: chatsworth_vol
Oh yeah. I knew as soon as…

the Jedi said her padawan was coming with back up.

I don’t read a lot of SW books/comics but I did read the Kanan miniseries. That scene was pretty accurate to that but the Bad Batch wasn’t in the comic.

And voiced by Freddie Prinze Jr which was hilarious during Kanan/Caleb’s kid scenes in the premiere here since his voice sounds too old

And voiced by Freddie Prinze Jr which was hilarious during Kanan/Caleb’s kid scenes in the premiere here since his voice sounds too old

Yeah they should have tweaked the pitch of his voice a little.

Are all of the episodes of this going to be an hour, or was that just for the premiere?

Are all of the episodes of this going to be an hour, or was that just for the premiere?

My guess is 30min. There are 14 episodes. I can’t imagine they are doing 14 hours of an animated show.

The premier needed an extended run time to recap where we are in the SW timeline.

My guess is 30min. There are 14 episodes. I can’t imagine they are doing 14 hours of an animated show.

The premier needed an extended run time to recap where we are in the SW timeline.
Thanks, I didn't realized it was gonna be 14 episodes.

E2 was just ok. Some of my favorite CW episodes were about the clones themselves. This one picked up on a character from a CW arc which was nice to see but it didn’t exactly drive the story forward.

Not a Star Wars fanatic, but I have watched the first two episodes and have enjoyed them. I love animated movies/shows, but not the biggest fan of this style.

That being said, there was a mention of a character in episode two that after google searching is probably someone people would recognize if they are familiar with older series. (don't want to mention the name in case it is a spoiler. I want to watch some older seasons, is there a particular order that I should watch them in? Star Wars timeline and not when they were released.

Not a Star Wars fanatic, but I have watched the first two episodes and have enjoyed them. I love animated movies/shows, but not the biggest fan of this style.

That being said, there was a mention of a character in episode two that after google searching is probably someone people would recognize if they are familiar with older series. (don't want to mention the name in case it is a spoiler. I want to watch some older seasons, is there a particular order that I should watch them in? Star Wars timeline and not when they were released.

Yes. The first 3 seasons of Clone Wars are jumbled up.

Scroll to the bottom for a for the watch order.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars’ CORRECT Viewing Order

Reactions: bigeasy

VN Store

Back