The Atlanta Braves Thread

Riley and Devers are great but Jose Ramirez got screwed
Not too sure about that. AL Central pitching sucked and Jose feasted. I think Ramirez deserved 2nd team. Also, Devers is and has been borderline average/liability defensively from the start of his career.

As I watch Steve Cohen, I’m starting to wonder if being owned by a faceless corporation isn’t so bad

Reactions: AV_12
As I watch Steve Cohen, I’m starting to wonder if being owned by a faceless corporation isn’t so bad
Being owned by a passionate guy who cares a lot about the success of the team is either really, really good (Mark Cuban, the Rooneys, Jerry Buss, etc.) or really bad (Dan Snyder, James Dolan, Jerry Jones, etc.). It's like there isn't much in the middle.

The difference seems to be do you have a self-aware smart guy who knows his limitations and hires people smarter than him to run the team day-to-day, or do you have a really smart guy who think he's smarter than everyone else and runs the team.

Bonds and A-rod are known cheaters, Albert was accused of it by Jack Clark. Wouldn't be surprised if Andruw did it. He bulked up pretty quick after his first 2/3 seasons.

I'll give A-Rod some credit for being man enough to admit he did it
Would explain him offensively dropping off the face of the earth after a couple mammoth seasons. He hit 30 and absolutely sucked.

Reactions: vols 30
Would explain him offensively dropping off the face of the earth after a couple mammoth seasons. He hit 30 and absolutely sucked.

Well I would not be shocked if he used steroids or PED’s because of the time, my main argument would be A) his best offensive year was when they started testing. B) His production drop off was more to do with the wear and tear he accumulated from playing 160 games/year on average in CF

Well I would not be shocked if he used steroids or PED’s because of the time, my main argument would be A) his best offensive year was when they started testing. B) His production drop off was more to do with the wear and tear he accumulated from playing 160 games/year on average in CF
all I know is he needed a couple more really good years (or several more good years) and he would’ve been a slam dunk, and by all accounts he should’ve been able to, but he lost it and it playing CF wasn’t the main culprit.

VN Store

Back