The Atlanta Braves Thread

Texas Rangers fans view Ron Washington the same way we view Brian Snitker. He would be no different in terms of actual strategy. It might even be worse.

Oh man...no off days between games for series. Playing straight through. So five games in five games for the LDS, seven games in seven days for the LCS.

**** this absolutely sucks for us. Now you can’t use Max for a game 5 or you have to use him on three days rest this absolutely blows

Yes. Who is better?

AJ Hinch or Alex Cora will be available. John Ferrell is available. I’d take a chance on a guy like Martin Prado, someone who recently played.

But like Scott said, I’ll take anyone from outside the “Braves Way” organization. We need fresh blood.

AJ Hinch or Alex Cora will be available. John Ferrell is available. I’d take a chance on a guy like Martin Prado, someone who recently played.

But like Scott said, I’ll take anyone from outside the “Braves Way” organization. We need fresh blood.
I doubt we’d ever hire Hinch or Cora. Prado would be fine but no clue if he is a good manager. Pointless argument though, they aren’t getting rid of Snit.

I doubt we’d ever hire Hinch or Cora. Prado would be fine but no clue if he is a good manager. Pointless argument though, they aren’t getting rid of Snit.

Of course, especially since they guaranteed 2021 and are cutting costs everywhere with COVID.

So I think the Braves are gonna have to use 15 pitchers, maybe 16. With the DH you don’t really need a deep bench.

Starters
Fried
Anderson
Hamels
Folty
Wright

Relievers
Matzek
Smith
Minter
Dayton
Tomlin
Ynoa
Jackson (the big ??? For the 16th guy)
O’Day
Greene
Martin
Melancon

I posted this with Brown on Twitter, but the good news is the Braves are so deep in the bullpen they can basically platoon to keep guys rested.

Game 1- Matzek/O’Day/Smith/Martin
Game 2- Dayton/Greene/Minter/Melancon

Then you have Tomlin/Jackson/Ynoa who can give you multiple innings in emergency situation.

Just need Max/Ian to shove and then the remaining starters to go 4-5 innings and 2-3 runs with our offense.

I posted this with Brown on Twitter, but the good news is the Braves are so deep in the bullpen they can basically platoon to keep guys rested.

Game 1- Matzek/O’Day/Smith/Martin
Game 2- Dayton/Greene/Minter/Melancon

Then you have Tomlin/Jackson/Ynoa who can give you multiple innings in emergency situation.

Just need Max/Ian to shove and then the remaining starters to go 4-5 innings and 2-3 runs with our offense.
Man this is the best we got too :(

VN Store

Back