The Atlanta Braves Thread

I get this but Mookie is the better player and fills our needs... That’s what I was saying
Mookie isn’t the end all be all of this roster and at $30M he would be the only acquisition. He is a fit for team need but not in any other way. We don’t win a WS and give up 18 years of control on 3 valuable assets.

I don’t think we acquire either one but Lindor is cheaper and has more control.

I just think at some point they are going to have to do this via trade and take a risk of giving up a prospect that has value and hope it works out in our favor?

Agree 100% on move but it’s not Mookie. I also think Lindor is more singable and would be excellent with Ronald and Ozzie.

Z, please don’t tell me you think Lindor is better???
obviously I’d take either if/when made available but...

What Brown said. Better asset, younger, probably easier to sign long term. If we are going to give up top prospects then give me the guy with two years and is cheaper.

Plus Mookie, while an elite OF and one of the best two way players in baseball, isn’t going to be putting up a 1.000 OPS every year. He’s great, but that 2018 season was an aberration. Still love to have him for the right price.

The problem is that teams are gonna want Pache, and I don’t think I’d give up Pache for anyone outside of Trout or Yelich lol

What Brown said. Better asset, younger, probably easier to sign long term. If we are going to give up top prospects then give me the guy with two years and is cheaper.

Plus Mookie, while an elite OF and one of the best two way players in baseball, isn’t going to be putting up a 1.000 OPS every year. He’s great, but that 2018 season was an aberration. Still love to have him for the right price.
I thought you were a OPS+ guy???? Guess not. Mookie’s career 134 is f witable

VN Store

Back