The Athletic

ArmchairQB

Sorry if this has already been covered... doing a search on the Athletic dredges up a whole lot of stuff that has nothing to do with sports journalism sites, and I figured this is easier than looking through everything that has the word in it.

So, the Athletic!
The Athletic

Worth a subscription? Got a subscription? They've got a Rick Barnes piece today I wanted to read, *almost* enough to go pay. While I was on their site I saw an ad image about Jayson Stark coming to write for them. If you're not familiar, the guy just breathes baseball, used to write for ESPN. He has a passion for it, and it comes right through in his writing. He's a super talented journalist. So it got me wondering who all they've got working for them and how good they all are. Anyway, I'm on the fence and just about ready to pull the trigger and just looking for a nudge that says do it man, it's not the same sort of stuff as when the News Sentinel went and paywalled GoVolsXtra.

Thoughts?

I'm having a hard time convincing myself to pay for sports info... but it sure seems to be getting great reviews.

Reactions: peaygolf
Its the only sports info that I have ever paid for outside of a 2 week trial to 24/7. It is well worth the money IMO and some of the best sports writing that you will ever come across.

VN Store

Back