The Athletic: Feldman reports Peyton involved in new hire. Wildcard Bill O'Brien

This is true...the old ball sack and wee little nicky were a combined 12-52 in salary cap ball

O'Brien is a good football coach but there are other coaches who are just as good who have southern ties. Specifially, Tennessee ties. They shouldn't be hired because of that alone but you're splitting hairs talking about Bill O'Brien and Bill Clarke/Jamey Chadwell/Gus Malzahn.

But quite frankly I'd rather cheer for Healy than O'Brien

O'Brien is a good football coach but there are other coaches who are just as good who have southern ties. Specifially, Tennessee ties. They shouldn't be hired because of that alone but you're splitting hairs talking about Bill O'Brien and Bill Clarke/Jamey Chadwell/Gus Malzahn.

But quite frankly I'd rather cheer for Healy than O'Brien
Who cares if they have southern or Tennessee ties? What ties to the south did Urban Meyer or Nick Saban have? “Southern ties” is how we ended up with Derek Dooley.

You know sometimes you need to be careful what you ask for. You just might get it.

Lmao, like Ryan Fitzpatrick isn't a completely servicable QB... Dude went 10-6 with the Dolphins this year lmao... Get real... The Penn St. thing is such an exaggeration it's not even funny... Like I said, he did a SERVICABLE job... He didn't let it fall into a catastrophy... Dude is not elite...

Fitzpatrick is a career back up. He was benched this year. He gets benched every year. The throws 3 tds one game, 4 ints next game.

LMAO at the Penn State statement. It's literally the biggest disaster in NCAA history. They allowed the players to quit playing football but keep their scholarships. The scholarships kept counting against the limit though. The team had about 50 scholarship players on it. Multiple walkons started. James Franklin said when he arrived they'd been having to walk around campus trying to get students to play so they'd have enough people to run two full practice squads.

The correct answer is staring them right in the face and they want to go and make it complicated. Classic UT

Fitzpatrick is a career back up. He was benched this year. He gets benched every year. The throws 3 tds one game, 4 ints next game.

LMAO at the Penn State statement. It's literally the biggest disaster in NCAA history. They allowed the players to quit playing football but keep their scholarships. The scholarships kept counting against the limit though. The team had about 50 scholarship players on it. Multiple walkons started. James Franklin said when he arrived they'd been having to walk around campus trying to get students to play so they'd have enough people to run two full practice squads.

Yeah, you want me to go find quotes of what Butch said things were like when he got here... It's called lowering expectations... Don't really care what James Franklin said at all... Fitzpatrick has honestly made an entire career (and fortune) out of being a better than backup QB... Yeah, he did get benched this year a player the Dolphins hilariously took with the #5 overall pick... Then you know what else happened??? The Dolphins said "Holy ****, this sucks, we could actually make the playoffs, but we need to win games..." So they benched Tua and put Fitzpatrick back in... Let's not pretend Ryan Fitzpatrick isn't a better than average QB in the NFL, cause the average NFL QB is trash...

Thanks for your input BOSTON Vol
Oh so since I’m not a southern boy and part of the orange overalls brigade my opinion doesn’t carry merit. Have fun with another “southern boy” like Dooley and Pruitt. Hopefully the new coach uses words like “supper” and “britches” at his press conference. I bet you’d be borderline orgasmic.

Speculating on a coach without an AD in place is useless. If an AD with any backbone is hired he's not taking orders from former players, boosters and aministrators. If we get a guy who does that we've hired a puppet. A proper AD will consult with them but that's it. The AD should be allowed to properly do their job, not cow tow to the stooges mostly responsible for our plight.

You can't hire Napier and Healy here too big of a risk. Freeze is the only option.
I would say are you kidding bringing in Freeze with the current state of investigations but who knows? One insider says Plowman will not bring in someone who will reflect negativity on the university so that would rule out Freeze.

UT leadership was a total **** show at the time. His boss Bev Davenport was an absolute moron. Currie seems to be respected by many outside of Tennessee, and somehow landed an AD gig at a power 5 school.

Where he sealed my hatred of him forever by hiring Forbes away from ETSU.

VN Store

Back