The Apple Thread

Same. Only downfall is the type C connector for everything and having to buy adapters for usb. At least they make it easy to convert to pdf and PowerPoint, sadly Microsoft still dominates in school and business.

Funny thing is, Excel was originally developed for the windows type environment of the 1st MacIntosh. That 9" screen all in one thing. If you were using a PC in 1988/89, you were using a DOS spreadsheet and arrow keys.

It’s pretty impressive. Definitely has that slick Apple sheen. The environment pass through is a nice feature. According to those that got to demo it, the eye tracking is incredible.

The movie/gaming experience looks amazing. But I’m not going to buy one for my whole family to watch movies together. My wife would have little interests in wearing one and it not like we are going to lay in bed with our bulky goggles on watching a movie together (kinda get in the way of chill part of Netflixing). Kids spend enough time staring at screens as it is, they don’t need a head set on.

The computing aspect intrigues me the most. Being able to run Mac apps and work in an immersive environment sound cool. Of course eye fatigue would come into play.

Bottom line, 3500 bucks is a big ask for a personal entertainment device.

I haven't even scratched the surface of my XR. I will say this about Apple even though I have no plans to ditch my iPhone cause it suits what I want. But, the camera on my wife Galaxy S23 Ultra puts every other phone camera in existance to shame.

That was funny but way outdated. Apple hasn’t charged for software updates since 2010.
True. The good news for me is that Linux hasn’t charged a dime for anything since…..checks notes…..FOREVER 😉
But I DO like MacOS with its heritage in BSD Linux

I haven't even scratched the surface of my XR. I will say this about Apple even though I have no plans to ditch my iPhone cause it suits what I want. But, the camera on my wife Galaxy S23 Ultra puts every other phone camera in existance to shame.
The XR is probably they greatest phone they ever made

VN Store

Back