The Apple Thread

mrmax86

Fight. Strain. Compete.
Good day, fellow Vol fans! After switching to iPhone from Android after 12 years, I am now understanding the value of the ecosystem of Apple Products that exist and of course, when I get the next product, I'm trying to find out how best to outfit it in Tennessee Orange!

So, this is a thread to discuss all things Apple, and if you find a cool case/cover/wallpaper for your Apple Devices, share it here!

Here is the case I got recently for my iPhone. Before this, I had the orange silicone official Apple Magsafe case, but it began peeling, and also was too hard to take out of my pocket, so I swapped to this. I really like that the back of the phone is exposed. You can also get this with a clear back plate. If you want to cover the back glass, the case comes with a plastic back protector.

1634827295374.png

I am in search for a plastic orange Airpods Pro case. Has anyone seen one that does not have a dumb keychain on the side?

Edit: I just bought this case. Decided to go dark mode for the case. I'll send photos of the setup with the orange foam tips (see below) when they all arrive.

1634830549362.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Freak
Good day, fellow Vol fans! After switching to iPhone from Android after 12 years, I am now understanding the value of the ecosystem of Apple Products that exist and of course, when I get the next product, I'm trying to find out how best to outfit it in Tennessee Orange!

So, this is a thread to discuss all things Apple, and if you find a cool case/cover/wallpaper for your Apple Devices, share it here!

What made you switch? I switched to android a few years ago. I can't really remember why, I guess I got a better deal.

TBH, I don't think there's much difference

What made you switch? I switched to android a few years ago. I can't really remember why, I guess I got a better deal.

TBH, I don't think there's much difference
It started when Google announced YouTube Music and shuttered Google Play Music and there was no way to listen to my music without constant upselling reminders to pay for the full plan. YTM is mostly crap, and has 1/3 of the features of GPM. Google also stopped selling music, so if you wanted to use YTM you had to buy the music elsewhere and "upload it" to YTM, where there (to this day) is no option to edit song info (title/album/song number/etc).

To make matters worse, they modified their previous Google Photos policy (which was unlimited high-resolution photo storage for free), essentially killing it, which means you'd have to pay for more storage above a paltry 15GB (you also share your Gmail storage with this allotment). They lured people in with the unlimited policy, then ripped the rug out from under.

It was clear to me Google only made useful features to bring people to their platform with no real intention to support them long-term. The only things really left that they've had longer than 10 years are google search, translate, and YouTube.

Apple, over the last couple years, has really closed the gap on some of the features that Android had the advantage on (widgets, app library, Apple Maps improvements, picture-in-picture, OLED, etc).

I was using the Moto Z Series Phones (I had the Z2 Play, then the Z4) because they were the last phone in the great frontier of phones with "removable/swappable battery". They accomplished this through Moto Mods, and it was a great interface, until they shuttered that line as well. After that, no one on the market had anything streamlined to expand battery capacity of a phone (without a chonky battery case or having to be tethered to a charger).

Enter Apple and Magsafe. That was when I decided to switch. I'm all in now!

P.S. I was also the only member of my family on both sides that didn't have an iPhone. So I was "that guy" that caused the green bubbles, lol.

Last edited:
I still don't understand why it's so difficult for Apple to make a back button and a task folder icon.

I've never liked Apple's user interface. They make things way more difficult than they need to be. I enjoy my Google Pixel quite a bit a loathe trying to use my wife's Iphone.

I still don't understand why it's so difficult for Apple to make a back button and a task folder icon.

I've never liked Apple's user interface. They make things way more difficult than they need to be. I enjoy my Google Pixel quite a bit a loathe trying to use my wife's Iphone.
I do miss my back button. You have a great point there. Like anything though, it's a muscle memory thing, and Apple does a good job with software with making swiping from the left side of the screen acting as a "back button" and from the right as a "forward" in most software. I should get out my old phone and see if it seems foreign to me in navigation, haha.

I'm strongly considering transitioning to an iPhone on my next round. I've got a Pixel 3 XL and am just waiting for it to croak like all my Android devices do for no reason.

Good luck. Coworker just upgraded to the 13 because her 11 basically quit working after the 13 released. I've had 2 Samsungs since 2014. Had an S5 and now an S9. S5 will still hold a charge all day if I need it and works perfectly. I tried the iPhone once, it broke in 6 months. I use Spotify so don't really have the issues you were running into. Not trying to turn this in to a debate, really. They are very similar products that basically do the same stuff.

Reactions: mrmax86
Good luck. Coworker just upgraded to the 13 because her 11 basically quit working after the 13 released. I've had 2 Samsungs since 2014. Had an S5 and now an S9. S5 will still hold a charge all day if I need it and works perfectly. I tried the iPhone once, it broke in 6 months. I use Spotify so don't really have the issues you were running into. Not trying to turn this in to a debate, really. They are very similar products that basically do the same stuff.
Lol.

Anyone order one of the new Macbooks with the M1 Pro or M1 Max chips? Looks like a revolutionary piece of hardware.

I've been stuck in the Apple ecosystem for a while. My family all has iphones and my daughter gets really upset about green bubbles. lol.

One nice thing about the iphone is they support updates for a long time. The iOS 15 that came out recently still supports devices that are 6 years old.

Do you just have the phone and the air pods? No other apple devices yet? How do you like the air pods pro? I really need to update my old airpods that I've had for a while. The battery is starting to show its age.

Reactions: mrmax86
It started when Google announced YouTube Music and shuttered Google Play Music and there was no way to listen to my music without constant upselling reminders to pay for the full plan. YTM is mostly crap, and has 1/3 of the features of GPM. Google also stopped selling music, so if you wanted to use YTM you had to buy the music elsewhere and "upload it" to YTM, where there (to this day) is no option to edit song info (title/album/song number/etc).

To make matters worse, they modified their previous Google Photos policy (which was unlimited high-resolution photo storage for free), essentially killing it, which means you'd have to pay for more storage above a paltry 15GB (you also share your Gmail storage with this allotment). They lured people in with the unlimited policy, then ripped the rug out from under.

It was clear to me Google only made useful features to bring people to their platform with no real intention to support them long-term. The only things really left that they've had longer than 10 years are google search, translate, and YouTube.

Apple, over the last couple years, has really closed the gap on some of the features that Android had the advantage on (widgets, app library, Apple Maps improvements, picture-in-picture, OLED, etc).

I was using the Moto Z Series Phones (I had the Z2 Play, then the Z4) because they were the last phone in the great frontier of phones with "removable storage". They accomplished this through Moto Mods, and it was a great interface, until they shuttered that line as well. After that, no one on the market had anything streamlined to expand battery capacity of a phone (without a chonky battery case or having to be tethered to a charger).

Enter Apple and Magsafe. That was when I decided to switch. I'm all in now!

P.S. I was also the only member of my family on both sides that didn't have an iPhone. So I was "that guy" that caused the green bubbles, lol.
Very long post to get to the nuts and bolts. You finally broke down as the green bubble guy 😁

I just got a new MacBook earlier this year with the M1 chip.

Same. Only downfall is the type C connector for everything and having to buy adapters for usb. At least they make it easy to convert to pdf and PowerPoint, sadly Microsoft still dominates in school and business.

Same. Only downfall is the type C connector for everything and having to buy adapters for usb. At least they make it easy to convert to pdf and PowerPoint, sadly Microsoft still dominates in school and business.
I don't ever plug anything in lol

VN Store

Back