The Andy Griffith Show

Agreed. Once the show went to color it went downhill. The only color episode I like is, ironically, the one that Don Knotts guest stars in (the one where Andy visits him in Raleigh and they capture the grocery store robbers).

My favorite episodes are...

The Christmas Story
The Pickle Story
Barney's First Car
Barney's Sidecar
Fun Girls
The Clubmen

Daphne and Skippy..... Hello Doll

I love to hate on this snooty old broad! She could get under Aunt Bee's skin like no other.

clara-edwards-df1aacb8-2011-45c8-b031-19973955341-resize-750.jpeg

In my opinion the greatest television show in history. I’m a huge collector of vintage autographs and memorabilia from the show. Is anyone else on here a fan as well?
Not only a fan, but I've got every episode on a hard drive. It' right there with the original Star Trek and Lost In Space for the GOAT in television series.

Reactions: DOCTORLOOMIS
In my opinion the greatest television show in history. I’m a huge collector of vintage autographs and memorabilia from the show. Is anyone else on here a fan as well?
Have you ever posted a list of your game worn jerseys you own? I’d be interested to see them.

The first season makes my OCD kick in. The door to no where by the jail cell on the left and the solid wall without the front window to the right of the main door to the jail.

Reactions: DOCTORLOOMIS
Peggy was kewl. Ellie and Nurse Mary slightly ahead though. You know your stuff, my friend.

For the record, it was Peggy and everyone else, 😉.

*Don’t forget the stairs to the mayors office ….. seems like the set designers did, 😂.

Allegedly real life affair got her multiple seasons. 🤷🏻‍♂️
I've heard that. Must not be the....opinionated person...that she was in the show. It was scripted like they were supposed to break up with each other.

Reactions: PB&J
This is my favorite signed photo in my entire collection. Autographed photos of McNear are SUPER rare....and a signed one as “Floyd” is a unicorn. It’s priceless to me.

View attachment 360228
Oh man. McNear was a class act! I remember seeing a interview where everyone agreed he was pretty much the same person in real life as in the show. They even made a special chair for him in the last of his episodes because he could not use his arm well due to stroke. I even love his old radio shows. Doc in Gunsmoke. There are so many roles he played but one of my favorites is Invaders, from the radio show Escape. If you like that sort of stuff here is a great site to get a list, and listen.
Howard Mcnear | Radio Star | Old Time Radio Downloads

But you can’t forget Hal Smith (Otis). Wow. That man was a voice machine. He did voices for almost all of our classic childhood cartoons. He was only scripted to be in one episode. Just like other characters he ended up staying.
A neat mystery most people don’t know about is who Mr. Schwamp was. He was in 26 episodes but no one knows who he was.

‘The Andy Griffith Show’: Who Played the Mystery Character ‘Mister Schwamp’?

Love TAGS.
For those who still like to listen to people chat about the episodes, Allan Newsome has a awesome podcast.

Mayberry Podcasts

And if anyone is interested, Charlene Darling
Has a gofundme.
Maggie "Charlene Darling" Peterson needs help, organized by Ben Eaton

Reactions: VolFaninFla

VN Store

Back