The All Things Cycling Thread

Don't know that I could go off the road at 30 mph and not crash, even at the best of places.

How far are you from the BRP?

less than 3 miles. It's basically across the street from my subdivision. I can see it from my backyard.

Stay off the highway. :crazy:

It's the Parkway not the highway. Speed limit of 45 mph and no commercial vehicles allowed. It's a national scenic road. Problem is it cuts across the south side of town and people use it as a shortcut in the mornings and evenings.

less than 3 miles. It's basically across the street from my subdivision. I can see it from my backyard.

Of this I am jealous. I've ridden a few times on the BRP and it's great. Sadly, it's been a few years since I've been over there. I should do so again. Nothing like it on this side of the mountains.

IMG_0276.jpg

Of this I am jealous. I've ridden a few times on the BRP and it's great. Sadly, it's been a few years since I've been over there. I should do so again. Nothing like it on this side of the mountains.

IMG_0276.jpg

It is great. My friend just rode the entire thing.

Don't you have the skyline parkway or something like that over in Townsend?

Found a great place to ride today. The half marathon I ran was a run/bike/ski trail. Just gotta get the bike

Rode 60mi last night, 20mi this morning. Knee feels good, hip not so much because of the weight shift to relieve pain from my left leg while walking.

Perhaps I'm just not used to seeing bicycle lanes, but this seems like a weird road design.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILpDx9MZ6Tg [/youtube]

I haven't endured too many insects so far this year.

Usually, when I do, they're clustered in limited areas. Not mile after mile of them.

I haven't endured too many insects so far this year.

Usually, when I do, they're clustered in limited areas. Not mile after mile of them.

That's usually how it is here, too, but I hit swarm after swarm of them and sometimes it was continuous.

Hoping to get out for 100 tomorrow.

Mostly encounter insects: (1) in open fields, or (2) along the river.

Generally don't have long stretches of either here.

VN Store

Back