The Alex Murdaugh Story

This thing just keeps getting crazier as the layers are uncovered. I can see this becoming a made for TV or documentary. Anyone else following this??

Prominent lawyer shot and hurt months after wife, son slain

Brief rundown:
(1) College kid Paul Murdaugh, in lowcountry, drives boat drunk, kills girl a couple years ago.
(2) Family is connected, they evade prosecution to date.
(3) Murdaugh and his mother were murdered at a hunting cabin a few months ago.
(4) Now the father is shot.

Then there is this....

In 2015 when a local gay teen that was allegedly connected to Murdaugh's oldest son was murdered.

Then their housekeeper mysteriously died after she "tripped" at their home in 2018.

Then you get to the drunk boating accident that killed Mallory Beach.

That puts the body count at 5, at least.
following it now--saw tonight's nbc segment

It makes sense. They were on to him, he was at least trying to help his (last I assume) kid. He was f’d.

If he were dead and they found out he had arranged it, it makes perfect sense. But he’s still alive with a superficial wound. It just smells funny to me, but I think there is more to come out so stay tuned.

Netflix docuseries just dropped. It's good. I started watching it without realizing I knew the story, more or less, already. Took me a whole episode to figure it out.

Reactions: Vol737
Netflix docuseries just dropped. It's good. I started watching it without realizing I knew the story, more or less, already. Took me a whole episode to figure it out.

Just watched the three episodes last night. Interesting that Alex Murdaugh’s brothers were all very helpful in sweeping things his kids did under the rug and keeping them out of court, but only when he embezzled money from the law firm they were all a part of did they push him out. If investigators can solve the Stephen Smith death, I think the oldest Murdaugh son will be joining his dad in prison. The whole family are straight up psychopaths.

Reactions: Pennheel
I watched the series on HBO MAX about this. I haven't watched the one on Netflix. Nothing this family did surprised me. Really a bunch of lowlifes benefitting from who they were in the community until it finally caught up with them with the dad. Who knows about the surviving son?I might have to check out the Netflix series to see what's different.

I watched the Netflix documentary on this this weekend. It seems like this family got away with a lot for a long time. I will say it not convinced Alex was the only trigger man the night of Maggie and Paul's death. I think Buster was involved
https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/27/us/alex-murdaugh-murder-trial-monday/index.html

US

Alex Murdaugh’s defense rests after 14 witnesses over two weeks in double murder trial
By Eric Levenson, Alta Spells and Dianne Gallagher, CNN
Updated 6:02 PM EST, Mon February 27, 2023

Video Ad Feedback
See how prosecutors grilled Alex Murdaugh on last day of cross-examination
03:32 - Source: CNN
230224094432-01-murdaugh-trial-0224.jpg

See how prosecutors grilled Alex Murdaugh on last day of cross-examination
03:32
230227121558-scott-adams-dilbert-creator-file-2006.jpg

See why 'Dilbert' comic strips got dropped from US newspapers
01:42
230227073212-first-lady-jill-biden-saenz-intvw.jpg

Hear what first lady thinks about Biden's reelection plans
02:02
230227070842-storm-chaser.jpg

'Early wake-up call': Storm chaser describes severe storms in central US
02:33
230227104203-abby-choi-search-mission.jpg

Video shows climbers searching area where skull of model was found in soup pot
02:18
230226174404-putin-burns-split-vpx.jpg

Hear what CIA director thinks about Putin
01:11
230226094241-dana-bash-jake-sullivan-sotu-2-26-23-split.jpg

Bash asks National Security Adviser about new report on Covid's origin. Hear his response
01:19
230225133425-ca-helicopter-rescue-orig.jpg

See moment driver is rescued from rising flood waters in California
01:05
230225085628-miami-dade-police-bodycam-alligator.jpg

Bodycam captures officer's gator encounter. See what happens next
01:38
230225131709-ron-desantis-student-protesters-split.jpg

Hear Florida student protesters' message to DeSantis following statewide walkouts
01:08
230224155305-02-zelensky-address-022423.jpg

'Truth is on our side': Zelensky speaks on first anniversary of war with Russia
02:00
230223174444-winter-weather-broaddus-dnt-vpx.jpg

California braces for blizzard as millions hit with extreme weather across the US
02:04
230223151400-01-kaitlan-collins-austin-interview.jpg

'He knows where to find me': US Defense Secretary says Chinese counterpart refuses talks
03:40
230223150354-14-murdaugh-trial-0223.jpg

See what happened when Alex Murdaugh took the stand
02:34
230222221650-ohio-governor-vs-resident-town-hall-vpx.jpg

Hear Ohio governor's response when asked if he would stay in East Palestine during cleanup
02:32
230222194249-wyoming-state-trooper-dodges-truck.jpg

Dashcam shows speeding semitruck inches from striking state trooper
01:59
230222180436-ohio-train-derailment-survaillance-vpx.jpg

Surveillance video shows the timeline of Ohio toxic train derailment
02:42
See More Videos

CNN —
Alex Murdaugh’s defense in his double murder trial rested its case Monday after calling up 14 witnesses over about two weeks of testimony.
Monday’s testimony was headlined by an expert in crime scene reconstruction and blood spatter analysis who testified that the evidence suggests two shooters carried out the killings of Margaret and Paul Murdaugh in June 2021.
Timothy Palmbach, a former professor of forensic science at the University of New Haven, was hired by Alex Murdaugh’s defense to review the case and analyze the crime scene.
In defending his two-shooter theory, he noted that Paul was shot by a shotgun and Margaret was shot by a Blackout rifle. He also determined the shooting of Paul came first and was from such a close range that the shooter would have been temporarily stunned by the explosive violence.
“It’s structurally difficult for the shooter to have two long (weapons) and no practical reason for that to happen,” he testified. “Add that to what I believe happened to the shooter who fired first with the shotgun, and I think it tips in favor of the probability of two shooters.”

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
Is it just me or is the prosecution and judge doing everything possible to have this thing tossed on appeal? It amazes me what this judge is allowing in blatant disregard for basic trial standards.

Is it just me or is the prosecution and judge doing everything possible to have this thing tossed on appeal? It amazes me what this judge is allowing in blatant disregard for basic trial standards.

I'd wager that judge has had a lucritive career courtesy of Murdaugh.

What did they do?

I watched the Netflix documentary on this this weekend. It seems like this family got away with a lot for a long time. I will say it not convinced Alex was the only trigger man the night of Maggie and Paul's death. I think Buster was involved

Why tho?

I think what happened is Alex's whole world is falling apart and Bo and maybe Mom get into it with him about Gloria and the truth comes out or Bo reveals he's gonna tell authorities about his suspicions and then Alex kills them both. Brandon's not there.

That's just my $0.02

VN Store

Back