The Active Shooter Thread

Gang violence is irrelevant to the subject of more gun control legislation.

When access to guns was immensely greater than it is today we had gangs, the guns would fire just as fast, they were just as easy to reload and were just as destructive but we had very, very few mass shootings. So that lends me to believe that we have a problem other than the availability and type of guns. We have people problems and there is where we need to start if we truly want to address mass shootings/murder.
If gang violence was irrelevant to this discussion, then why was Chicago brought up? Was it nothing but a red herring that really had nothing to do with this discussion from the get go?

Just want to make sure everyone arguing here sent their heartfelt thoughts and prayers to all the collateral damage of their right to own strong fast guns

If gang violence was irrelevant to this discussion, then why was Chicago brought up? Was it nothing but a red herring that really had nothing to do with this discussion from the get go?

I don’t know why it was brought up I just responded to your post about restrictions to ownership in WI and IN helping the problem.

Just want to make sure everyone arguing here sent their heartfelt thoughts and prayers to all the collateral damage of their right to own strong fast guns

No I stopped doing that awhile ago after being chastised.

My go to now is suck it up buttercup.

I don’t know why it was brought up I just responded to your post about restrictions to ownership in WI and IN helping the problem.
To explain it to you, another wrong person referenced Chicago because it's fodder. LoOk At AlL tHe ViOlEnCe In ChIcAgO!? gUn ReGuLaTiOn CaNnOt WoRk!?! When in reality, murderous people, many of whom are in gangs, are getting the weapons siphoned in from nearby states with lax gun laws. If those were more strict, it would result in less death.

But none of this is really about limiting death. It's about excusing away death. Do you really care about gang members killing other gang members in Memphis? No. You care if one of those gang members accidentally (or intentionally) kills a non-gang member.

And that makes you ok with the collateral damage of any mass murderer who falls through the cracks? As long as you type thoughts and/or prayers, why should you not sleep well at night? You did your job.
I was offering a possible help in this ongoing tragedy numbskull. If you think becoming a communist country and taking all the good citizens firearms will solve the issue then you are beyond help. You will never get all the murderers weapons.

To explain it to you, another wrong person referenced Chicago because it's fodder. LoOk At AlL tHe ViOlEnCe In ChIcAgO!? gUn ReGuLaTiOn CaNnOt WoRk!?! When in reality, murderous people, many of whom are in gangs, are getting the weapons siphoned in from nearby states with lax gun laws. If those were more strict, it would result in less death.

But none of this is really about limiting death. It's about excusing away death. Do you really care about gang members killing other gang members in Memphis? No. You care if one of those gang members accidentally (or intentionally) kills a non-gang member.

I do care, that is why I would like to see the real problems explored and researched. I don’t want to see emotional reactions leading to the erosion of the rights of law abiding citizens. That’s how we got the Patriot Act.

Reactions: Pepe_Silvia
If you would like to reference where I said to make all guns illegal, I'll happily wait.

That idiotic note out of the way, how often are the mass murders career criminals? They almost always seem to be white "good guys with guns" until the day they decide to mow down innocent lives. So I guess we should just count all those innocent people as the cost of preserving your ability to have unnecessarily fast-loading, high caliber machines that have the sole purpose of ending life.

.223 is not a "high caliber." In fact it's a small caliber.

I was offering a possible help in this ongoing tragedy numbskull. If you think becoming a communist country and taking all the good citizens firearms will solve the issue then you are beyond help. You will never get all the murderers weapons.
Are you still angry or any less safe because you can't own a switchblade, but you can still own other knives? I, again, have not advocated for taking all guns. I just want gun manufacturers to stop producing unnecessary guns. Stop producing guns that can mow down way more people than necessary. Stop those guns from being made and good people bystanders will generally have a better chance at survival. It's not like a hunter needs to be able to mow down 16 deer in seconds. It's a weapon made to kill people. Take it off the streets and shelves and fewer people will die.

I do care, that is why I would like to see the real problems explored and researched. I don’t want to see emotional reactions leading to the erosion of the rights of law abiding citizens. That’s how we got the Patriot Act.
It's adorable that you think you care. Precious, really.

Are you still angry or any less safe because you can't own a switchblade, but you can still own other knives? I, again, have not advocated for taking all guns. I just want gun manufacturers to stop producing unnecessary guns. Stop producing guns that can mow down way more people than necessary. Stop those guns from being made and good people bystanders will generally have a better chance at survival. It's not like a hunter needs to be able to mow down 16 deer in seconds. It's a weapon made to kill people. Take it off the streets and shelves and fewer people will die.

Who decides which guns are unnecessary. You? Elected politicians? Bureaucrats? No thanks. "Shall not be infringed" is pretty fing clear. We as a country need to stop trading rights and liberties away for a false sense of safety and security. We need to take personal responsibility for our safety and that of our loved ones, and i definitely don't need you or anyone else telling me a case folding knife and red rider bb gun will do the job. I'll take my switchblade and ar every day of the week.

Last edited:
eBay, Amazon, direct etc.... You may call it by another name but it's the same if not a more deadly concept.

De Grasse is correct. As terrible as these are, they are sensationalized to the point that it creates irrational fear. Odds are no one on this forum dies in this manner, but does via medical error, car accident, etc.

Reactions: BennesseeVols

Huh?

Gang violence is irrelevant to the subject of more gun control legislation.

When access to guns was immensely greater than it is today we had gangs, the guns would fire just as fast, they were just as easy to reload and were just as destructive but we had very, very few mass shootings. So that lends me to believe that we have a problem other than the availability and type of guns. We have people problems and there is where we need to start if we truly want to address mass shootings/murder.
Bingo. People are the problem, not the instrument.

VN Store

Back