The 2nd LSU Postgame Report

JR was really zoned in Wednesday night. He looked fresh and was especially active on the defensive end. I wish SEC would eliminate the Thursday game. It is not good for the player's health or their school work. SEC does not care about players. They only care about TV revenue.

I am glad USC played Thursday. We should be much fresher for Saturday's game.

All I'm saying is he does have nice moves around the rim, but he isnt a great finisher, and he lacks shooting outside of the paint.

I agree , he just lacks a consistent 3 pt shot
IF anyone hasn't noticed, Armani has been making a jumpshot (or two against LSU) once a game. You can tell he's working on his form and release. Imagine Armani Moore with a deadly jump shot, defenders would be forced to guard him closer and he'd be able to use his "first step-to spin move-to shot fake" a lot more often, he'd create mismatch problems for every defensive position with a good jump shot.

I've said it every year because every year we have someone step up.. Armani is going to be a completely different player next year. He knows how to score against big men now and with the offseason around the corner he will have time to work on his dribbling and his jump shot.

I'm really excited to watch him next year.

I agree about Armani's potential...but it's not him I'm worried about next year. Whether he thrives or not, IMO, will to some extent depend on who we recruit to be around him on the floor.

I think a more accurate statement is to say that his skill-set doesn't match his body makeup. He has only average perimeter skills, but an impressive inside game and rebounding ability. His body is one built more for the perimeter or SF position. If he were 6-8 to 6-10 with his skill-set, he'd be an all-american.

If he were 6-8 to 6-10 he's probably a lottery pick, because that height alone you could generously add another 1-2 rebounds a game and probably 2-4 points at minimum. Though I'm of the belief one reason he hustles and tries so hard is because he is undersized.

IF anyone hasn't noticed, Armani has been making a jumpshot (or two against LSU) once a game. You can tell he's working on his form and release. Imagine Armani Moore with a deadly jump shot, defenders would be forced to guard him closer and he'd be able to use his "first step-to spin move-to shot fake" a lot more often, he'd create mismatch problems for every defensive position with a good jump shot.

I've said it every year because every year we have someone step up.. Armani is going to be a completely different player next year. He knows how to score against big men now and with the offseason around the corner he will have time to work on his dribbling and his jump shot.

I'm really excited to watch him next year.

I think the biggest change in his jumpshot this season has been confidence. He shot the ball some in the non conference. He basically didn't take a jump shot through the late non conference and first half of conference play. Confidence is everything.

If he were 6-8 to 6-10 he's probably a lottery pick, because that height alone you could generously add another 1-2 rebounds a game and probably 2-4 points at minimum. Though I'm of the belief one reason he hustles and tries so hard is because he is undersized.

I agree that his hustle is probably somewhat related to his reliance on outworking bigger, taller players.

If he were 6-8 to 6-10, he'd be a less timid version of Patric Young imo. Young, like Armani, is a physical specimen, but unlike Armani, he was prone to the "looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane" tag. Armani will never be accused of loafing.

In Chris Lofton's senior year, he made a commitment to drive the ball and finish at the rim. This added to his total game, along with his 3 pt. shooting accuracy.

Armani will work on his 3 pt. shooting accuracy to go along with his inside slicing ability during this years offseason. IMO he will also become a player with the total package!

I remember that Armani has made two 3pointers already this season, including one against lsu. I think he has not had as much practice time shooting the 3point shot due to his practice time on defense. GO VOLS!

In Chris Lofton's senior year, he made a commitment to drive the ball and finish at the rim. This added to his total game, along with his 3 pt. shooting accuracy.

Armani will work on his 3 pt. shooting accuracy to go along with his inside slicing ability during this years offseason. IMO he will also become a player with the total package!

I remember that Armani has made two 3pointers already this season, including one against lsu. I think he has not had as much practice time shooting the 3point shot due to his practice time on defense. GO VOLS!

What? He can practice three point shooting any time he wants too

Tariq Owens will probably be a better barometer for us next season . Armani is gonna ball out . If Tariq can gain 20 lbs and get stronger he will be a huge boost for us

Tariq Owens will probably be a better barometer for us next season . Armani is gonna ball out . If Tariq can gain 20 lbs and get stronger he will be a huge boost for us

The bacon wrapped deep deep dish from little Caesars about once a day should help lmao

Reactions: 1 person
What? He can practice three point shooting any time he wants too

Right now, he spends a lot of his time in team drills where Donnie focuses on defense. He also has an academic responsibility. In the summer, he can give a much larger percentage of his time to practicing 3 pointers from every angle beyond the arc. Also, he needs much more practice on his free throw shooting.

Jarnell Stokes improved vastly from his 1st to his final year in shooting free throws, since he had more practice. He also spent time at the FIBA Games.

Last edited:
CDT said Moore needs to take those 3's and he has been encouraging him to fire away. The LSU shot was a set play to show that part of his game. He knows when Moore shows his range from outside the defense will have honor the 3, which will allow for more open lanes for penetration. And if they back off....BOTTOM!

Reactions: 1 person
Moore, Hubbs, Punter, McGee, Baulkman, Reese, Mostella, Owens, Carmichael, JC transfer, and 2 or 3 recruits. I have to believe there are more than 3 or 4 players in this group that can give us double figure scoring every game.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back