The 2nd career adventures of Yankee

I have not. I did own a 2012 Frontier. Great little truck, TERRIBLE gas mileage (yes, even for a truck). The problem with Nissan and Toyota until recently was that their interiors were lacking (and they were big time).

Yeah I finally got in a Tacoma a few months back for the first time. It was a ‘21 model and it just felt like it was from 2010. Nothing looked updated at all. Same for the 4Runners. It’s like Toyota found a recipe that everyone enjoyed and decided to serve it to them without changing anything at all for 20 years. It’s a good thing they are updating the Tacoma and 4Runner because they need it big time. And please update the engine packages for the Tacoma. Because it sucks.

The new Frontier looks really nice. Got in a Pro-4X and was pretty blown away from the inside.

At some point the auto industry is going to collapse. Not a good time to be a salesman.

15.7%(new) 5.4% (used) of consumers who financed in Q4 of 2022 had a payment OVER $1,000/month.
That's completely foreign to me.

At some point the auto industry is going to collapse. Not a good time to be a salesman.

15.7%(new) 5.4% (used) of consumers who financed in Q4 of 2022 had a payment OVER $1,000/month.
What blows my mind the most is that 1 in 20 used car buyers have a $1K payment. I guess if you can’t find a new car you settle for a n overpriced used one

Probably alot of those same customers financed a cookie cutter crap slab house at 300K and was only truly worth about 150K.

There's a new subdivision accross from the office full of those houses. Only 2 designs. a one story, and a two story. The one story literally could not be more than 1200 sf. $250K starting point. I like riding thru there and hang out the window yelling "STUPID!!"

Reactions: SpecialKVolfan20

Sad part is they probably weren't in dire need of a car and could have helped correct the market (meaning dishonest dealers) by being patient, but just couldn't help themselves and proceeded so they could enamour their friends with what they had to pay.

My son is 20, and not wise to htese things yet and was trying to find a used truck he liked. I'm like are you nuts. I didn't raise you be be a dolt. We're still "enjoying" the current ride till further notice.

Reactions: walkenvol
Sad part is they probably weren't in dire need of a car and could have helped correct the market (meaning dishonest dealers) by being patient, but just couldn't help themselves and proceeded so they could enamour their friends with what they had to pay.

My son is 20, and not wise to htese things yet and was trying to find a used truck he liked. I'm like are you nuts. I didn't raise you be be a dolt. We're still "enjoying" the current ride till further notice.

My aunt is like this. She bought a new car last month not needing one, except in her mind. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Wife purchased a new car last month, 2023 Subaru Ascent. 36 months at little over $600 per

Nice car if I must say so.

My aunt is like this. She bought a new car last month not needing one, except in her mind. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Will be scouring the kids Milan (inherited from the lady boss when she got her Pilot) for oil leaks that get on the manifild. gotta get them stopped. Gets in the car. But that ford 3.0 other than leaks and one flaw if it happens, is one of Ford's best attempts at an engine. Gotta keep him off that need a car now rant.

I'm like my dad. When it quits cranking, I'll pay someone $70 to come haul it off the driveway. WE didn't trade cars growing up. We killed them. Then went shopping. But, when pops car shop by himself we end up with Ford Granada's. lol.

VN Store

Back