The 2022 NFL Season Thread

So sorta random question, is Eric Berry officially retired now? He hasn't played since 2018 and I thought back either in 2019 or 2020 he had said he was taking a year off then was going to try to make a comeback. I assume either his plans changed or he had no takers. I know with the cancer and injuries he may have been ready to call it anyway but I thought he originally thought he had a few seasons left in him.

So sorta random question, is Eric Berry officially retired now? He hasn't played since 2018 and I thought back either in 2019 or 2020 he had said he was taking a year off then was going to try to make a comeback. I assume either his plans changed or he had no takers. I know with the cancer and injuries he may have been ready to call it anyway but I thought he originally thought he had a few seasons left in him.

I believe he signed with someone and tore his Achilles and that was it back in 19

Reactions: firestorm
he played three games in 18 and was done after that. Weird I haven’t heard anything since then

There were no takers when Berry tried to come back.

Safety is the RB of the defense. The shelf life on most of these dudes is not long. A guy will be arguably the best safety in the league for 2-3 years and then out of the league 2 years after that.

Reactions: NYCVolunteer
A very easy td for the 49ers since no Cardinals defenders near the great 49ers TE George Kittle.

Good drive for the Cardinals because they scored a td.
The Cardinals reduced the 49ers lead 14-10.

Current QB tiers

Undisputed Champion
Patrick Mahomes

HE CANT KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT
Tom Brady

Mega talents with one big flaw
Josh Allen
Lamar Jackson
Joe Burrow
Justin Herbert
Jalen Hurts

The end is nigh but he still scares you
Aaron Rodgers
Matthew Stafford

Divisional Champ QB that never scare you
Kirk Cousins
Dak Prescott
Ryan Tannehill
Tua Tagovailoa
Jimmy Garrappolo

Flawed but not a disaster
Jared Goff
Geno Smith
Derek Carr
Taylor Heinicke

What happened to you man?
Russell Wilson
Kyler Murray
Matt Ryan

Young talents that need another year
Justin Fields
Trevor Lawrence
Mac Jones
Kenny Pickett

Qualified backups that are sadly starters
Daniel Jones
Marcus Mariota
Jacoby Brissett
Andy Dalton
Davis Mills

Why are you the way that you are
Zach Wilson
Baker Mayfield

Not in the cards for the Cardinals to defeat the 49ers unless they get a great 4th Quarter comeback.

Current QB tiers

Undisputed Champion
Patrick Mahomes

HE CANT KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT
Tom Brady

Mega talents with one big flaw
Josh Allen
Lamar Jackson
Joe Burrow
Justin Herbert
Jalen Hurts

The end is nigh but he still scares you
Aaron Rodgers
Matthew Stafford

Divisional Champ QB that never scare you
Kirk Cousins
Dak Prescott
Ryan Tannehill
Tua Tagovailoa
Jimmy Garrappolo

Flawed but not a disaster
Jared Goff
Geno Smith
Derek Carr
Taylor Heinicke

What happened to you man?
Russell Wilson
Kyler Murray
Matt Ryan

Young talents that need another year
Justin Fields
Trevor Lawrence
Mac Jones
Kenny Pickett

Qualified backups that are sadly starters
Daniel Jones
Marcus Mariota
Jacoby Brissett
Andy Dalton
Davis Mills

Why are you the way that you are
Zach Wilson
Baker Mayfield

I'm out on Mac Jones and Kenny Pickett. Kinda early but I just don't see it. Give me Davis Mills over either of them.

And I can't put Lamar and Hurts on the same tier as Allen and Burrow. Hurts might get there. I feel like Lamar has peaked. He's not any better than he was 2 years ago and the stats are worse by every measure, forget about returning to his MVP form of 3 years ago.

I'm out on Mac Jones and Kenny Pickett. Kinda early but I just don't see it. Give me Davis Mills over either of them.

And I can't put Lamar and Hurts on the same tier as Allen and Burrow. Hurts might get there. I feel like Lamar has peaked. He's not any better than he was 2 years ago and the stats are worse by every measure, forget about returning to his MVP form of 3 years ago.

Mills is headed back to backup status next season. Jones may get passed over, too.

Pickett may still work out.

Agree about Lamar.

Mills is headed back to backup status next season. Jones may get passed over, too.

Pickett may still work out.

Agree about Lamar.

Mills is on a terrible team and I think he's got a modest ceiling but he's competent. Why couldn't he be Jimmy G with Shanahan? But yeah, he'll probably end up a backup because the only sensible path forward for the Texans is to try to upgrade.

I guess you could make another tier below Allen, Burrow and Herbert “gifted but flawed.” I just feel like those guys can win you playoff games right now. Hence why I put them in that tier.

I agree Jones has regressed but I’m gonna play Belichick making Matt Patricia and his dumb ass an OC. Also I don’t think Jones has one capable WR

Reactions: Plecoptera
I guess you could make another tier below Allen, Burrow and Herbert “gifted but flawed.” I just feel like those guys can win you playoff games right now. Hence why I put them in that tier.

I agree Jones has regressed but I’m gonna play Belichick making Matt Patricia and his dumb ass an OC. Also I don’t think Jones has one capable WR

I waa on Mac Jones but this year ruined it. He is not asked to do very much and Zappe outplayed him this year with the same squad and OC. They scored 29+ both weeks he started, which Mac has yet to do this season.

I waa on Mac Jones but this year ruined it. He is not asked to do very much and Zappe outplayed him this year with the same squad and OC. They scored 29+ both weeks he started, which Mac has yet to do this season.

Mac Jones is looking bad after that great Rookie Season.
The 2nd year slump isn’t uncommon so I’m not saying he’s some bust that had a lightning in a bottle 1 great season.

FWIW Julian Edelman said on Pardon My Take podcast that Belicheck loves to switch which side of the ball his assistants learn

I’m predicting the Lions outplay the Bills in a high scoring thriller because the Lions make less mistakes, and the Lions defense gets pressure on Allen and creates turnovers.
Lions 34
Bills 27

Reactions: MAD

The Cowboys had their greatest road victory when they steamrolled the Vikings 40-3.
The Cowboys made the Vikings the jabronis or the ViQueens.
The Vikings gave their fans an embarrassing complete unprofessional performance vs the Cowboys that looked the elite 70s Cowboys that had the iconic Doomsday Defense.

What an incredible rebound win for the Dallas Cowboys after they lost a winnable game to a terrible Packers team in Green Bay.

Last edited:
The Bills Lions is an entertaining game.

Most likely the over will happen since the Bills lead the Lions 17-14 at halftime, and I really don’t expect the 2 teams to be scoring field goals mostly in the 2nd half.

VN Store

Back