The 2021 Baseball team - Fandum

Volsbaseballfan

This team has been a team that has impacted the Tennessee Fan Base like I've never seen. I grew up a UT Football fan and NEVER thought I would ever see the DECLINE of UT Football the way I have in my lifetime. Didn't think it was even a possible really , really just took it for granted. Has this Baseball Team Changed the Whole Culture? I really think to a point It has. I am very hopeful anyways. The Energy at LNS has been Unreal the past few months....The Moments that taken place there have been Historic... As I have gotten older and really began to stop and think about things that i have taken for granted
and UT sports , I realize the way UT sports are viewed from the younger generation is Not the way I view UT sports , but i was setting in LNS this year watching UT play the Razorbacks and there was a foul ball hit down the LF line and I set there and watched a kid literally look at the wall and literally ran into that wall to catch a foul ball for the 3rd out... I said to myself "That's What UT sports has been missing" kids that will do what it takes to Win.... I personally feel like this team will win it all but if not , as for me . They have given me hope and reminded me to what a Volunteer Team is all about. I am a huge fan of kids that Battle and Compete.... With all that said , this team will play for the last time at LNS this coming weekend. win or lose...They are Legends in my Eyes!!!

Last edited:
That 2001 and 2005 teams was memorable but because of the quality of their play; the players' and head coach's attitude; the fan desperations for a successful program and the desire to get outta the damn house after a year; this season has been as memorable as the 1995 team.

That 95 team was the culmination of three very good seasons where the Vols should have been in Omaha every year. The 94 team was likely better than 95 in fact.

But when the Vols got that last double play out at 2nd base against Oklahoma State; I came unglued in the stands and lost a perfectly good hat when throwing it. The walkoff against Arkansas and even more the walkoff against Wright State were the closest I came to that feeling. I can't even estimate the number of games I saw from May 28, 1995 to June 11, 2021 (9,504 days and 5 presidents)

That 2001 and 2005 teams was memorable but because of the quality of their play; the players' and head coach's attitude; the fan desperations for a successful program and the desire to get outta the damn house after a year; this season has been as memorable as the 1995 team.

That 95 team was the culmination of three very good seasons where the Vols should have been in Omaha every year. The 94 team was likely better than 95 in fact.

But when the Vols got that last double play out at 2nd base against Oklahoma State; I came unglued in the stands and lost a perfectly good hat when throwing it. The walkoff against Arkansas and even more the walkoff against Wright State were the closest I came to that feeling. I can't even estimate the number of games I saw from May 28, 1995 to June 11, 2021 (9,504 days and 5 presidents)

Game 2 against Vandy was pretty incredible also.

Evan Russell signed his name in the book of Vol legend.

VN Store

Back