The 2018-19 off season coaching carousel

Sucks for me and Gov's fans, but good for him. Great guy.

Now Peay....................go get Tee Martin. NOW!!!!!!!!!
Went to high school with Healy. Didn't know him - he was a few years older than me, but incredible HS QB. Lost the state title game in OT his senior year. Still holds a bunch of records in Chattanooga, I believe.

Reactions: peaygolf
Updates in OP. K State now remains the only P5 school at the moment still searching for a head coach.

Mel Tucker is gonna be the Colorado coach.

I know it’s only been like four days but I figured Kansas State would have had a succession plan implemented and already have their coach. I have no clue what Georgia Tech is gonna do.
I thought Snyder’s son was coach in waiting at K State?? Not anymore???

I thought Snyder’s son was coach in waiting at K State?? Not anymore???
Bill Snyder wanted his son to be his successor, but not all in the admin have been on board with that. That is one of many reasons why K-State people really didn't care all that much when Currie came here. Currie and Snyder butted heads because Currie wanted Snyder to hire a coach on staff who could eventually succeed him.

Bill Snyder wanted his son to be his successor, but not all in the admin have been on board with that. That is one of many reasons why K-State people really didn't care all that much when Currie came here. Currie and Snyder butted heads because Currie wanted Snyder to hire a coach on staff who could eventually succeed him.
Looks like it's either ND State coach, Mike Norvell, or Troy Brown.
New candidates emerge in K-State football coaching search as Seth Littrell drops out

Appears that K-State AD Gene Taylor (who came to Manhattan as AD at ND State) will be bringing his former coach Chris Klieman with him.

Assuming the rumors that KSU wouldn't let Littrell hire his own staff are true, that is a stupid administration they have in Manhattan.

Assuming the rumors that KSU wouldn't let Littrell hire his own staff are true, that is a stupid administration they have in Manhattan.
I had read somewhere that it was reported that Littrell wanted an escape clause if the Oklahoma job came open and K-State didn't want to do that. Not sure if that is true.

lol

Sources: Greg Schiano, Butch Jones, Alabama’s Josh Gattis interested in Temple football head coach job

As expected, Temple is remaining tight-lipped about its search to replace head football coach Geoff Collins, who was hired on Friday for the same position at Georgia Tech.

A non-Temple source familiar with the situation said that Ohio State associate head coach/defensive coordinator Greg Schiano and Alabama co-offensive coordinator and wide receivers coach Josh Gattis have expressed interest in the Owls job.

A second source also said that Schiano has expressed interest, but he wasn’t aware of Gattis interest. Another name the second source said who has shown interest is former Cincinnati and Tennessee head coach Butch Jones, currently an analyst at Alabama.

Tee Martin turned down an interview at Austin Peay!🤬

Bite me Tee! U suck

Tee Martin turned down an interview at Austin Peay!🤬

Bite me Tee! U suck

At this point, his career is in his own hands and he's tossing it away. A HC at a FCS school is pretty much what he needs to rebrand himself as a possible contender at a P5 school coordinator position.

He'll likely get a recruiting coordinator position at a school somewhere, but I'm not sure that path leads to much more than that.

Reactions: peaygolf
Down to three.

Of course, that's not counting what silliness happens post bowl games.

Yep. I love watching NDSU play he managed to sustain the dynasty that Bohl started.
Very underrated quality in a coach. Maintaining excellence can be more difficult then creating it. Just my opinion but I find it true in business.

VN Store

Back