The 2017 NBA Draft Thread

Golden State basically whips out the checkbook and buys a very usable piece in Jordan Bell. Not fair how well that org is run and very good move post-West. On the other hand, Ainge has recently run his team like he played...hot headed and emotional. Tatum is very talented but limited defensively in a logjammed position playing for a defensive minded coach. All because Josh Jackson shunned them? Could've fleeced Phoenix and dropped only one spot also. Fox would've been a good pick.

I like Jackson overall as a player, but I think Tatum fits the Celitc's roster better. They need another wing scorer. Next years class is loaded with big men and they have the potential to have 2 top 5 picks!

Golden State basically whips out the checkbook and buys a very usable piece in Jordan Bell. Not fair how well that org is run and very good move post-West. On the other hand, Ainge has recently run his team like he played...hot headed and emotional. Tatum is very talented but limited defensively in a logjammed position playing for a defensive minded coach. All because Josh Jackson shunned them? Could've fleeced Phoenix and dropped only one spot also. Fox would've been a good pick.

The Celtics have 3 SF's that they want to play. Are they still going to go after Hayward or PG or are they trading one of those pieces? I'm thinking Tatum is who they are offering to the Pacers.

The Celtics have 3 SF's that they want to play. Are they still going to go after Hayward or PG or are they trading one of those pieces? I'm thinking Tatum is who they are offering to the Pacers.

Did you see this tweet last night from SI? They info they got was from a buddy of mine that was trolling Twitter. SI saw the tweet and immediately tweeted it out lol.

Attachments

• aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: 1 person

Could see that. If Indiana can get Tatum for PG, they have to jump at that right? Depending on what the FO opinion of Tatum is.

It's like they essentially traded PG for the #3 pick 2 days ago. Maybe throw in Avery Bradley

Trade bait would make the pick more understandable. If George is the prize, they need to get him signed before the trade. One year rental before he goes to LA would be the ultimate disaster.

Could see that. If Indiana can get Tatum for PG, they have to jump at that right? Depending on what the FO opinion of Tatum is.

It's like they essentially traded PG for the #3 pick 2 days ago. Maybe throw in Avery Bradley

I would try to hang onto Bradley.

If I'm Boston, I am trying to deal Horford, IT, and Tatum or Brown in a 3 team trade for Deandre Jordan and somebody like Patrick Beverley. Then they would have upgraded the C position and have the cap space for Hayward.

I would try to hang onto Bradley.

If I'm Boston, I am trying to deal Horford, IT, and Tatum or Brown in a 3 team trade for Deandre Jordan and somebody like Patrick Beverley. Then they would have upgraded the C position and have the cap space for Hayward.

Im all for dealing Horford and IT. Never been a Horford fan for what his salary is. Would like to see then get more athletic at C.

I'm a Brown and Tatum guy so I wouldn't like to see them go, but understand why some want to use them as trade bait.

I think they could deal Brown, Horford, IT, and Smart and get back DJ and Bledsoe and have enough cap space for Hayward and a stretch PF (or re-sign Jerebko). Or if they go cheaper than Bledsoe, say Beverly, they will need more offense but will have the cap space to get Millsap.

I think they could deal Brown, Horford, IT, and Smart and get back DJ and Bledsoe and have enough cap space for Hayward and a stretch PF (or re-sign Jerebko). Or if they go cheaper than Bledsoe, say Beverly, they will need more offense but will have the cap space to get Millsap.

That's a horrible idea.

That's a horrible idea.

Which idea?

Beverly
Bradley
Hayward
Millsap
Jordan

6th and 7th = Crowder, Tatum

That's probably the best defense in the league and they'd be pretty good on offense. They'd match up very well with both Cleveland and GSW.

Bledsoe
Hayward
Crowder
Jerebko
Jordan

6th and 7th = Bradley, Tatum

You give up some D with this lineup, but Bledsoe's dribble penetration with DJ setting high screens is going to set up a ton of opportunities. They match up well with both Cleveland and GSW.

Which idea?

Beverly
Bradley
Hayward
Millsap
Jordan

6th and 7th = Crowder, Tatum

That's probably the best defense in the league and they'd be pretty good on offense. They'd match up very well with both Cleveland and GSW.

Bledsoe
Hayward
Crowder
Jerebko
Jordan

6th and 7th = Bradley, Tatum

You give up some D with this lineup, but Bledsoe's dribble penetration with DJ setting high screens is going to set up a ton of opportunities. They match up well with both Cleveland and GSW.

Beverly/Jordan/Millsap wouldn't score enough. Bledsoe/Jordan would be fine if Bledsoe have ever proven to stay healthy. Neither one of those teams beat Cleveland. Jordan ain't moving the needle. And nobody can guard LeBron.

Reactions: 1 person
Beverly/Jordan/Millsap wouldn't score enough. Bledsoe/Jordan would be fine if Bledsoe have ever proven to stay healthy. Neither one of those teams beat Cleveland. Jordan ain't moving the needle. And nobody can guard LeBron.

Jordan is a huge mismatch for both GSW and Cleveland and GSW can't play Green at the 5 against him.

Last year:
Beverley = 11.2 pp36
Bradley = 17.5 pp36
Hayward = 22.9 pp36
Millsap = 19.1 pp36
Jordan = 14.4 pp36

They all scored efficiently and that's 85 points from an elite defensive squad, before you throw in bench points.

Beverly, Bradley and Jordan all benefit hugely from elite offensive PG's. That goes away. Hayward can make plays but not at the level of those three. And again nobody can guard LeBron on those two hypothetical.

Reactions: 2 people
IDK, man. Hayward was the man in Utah and they had less around him on O. That O was good enough to tie for the 4th seed and this is a big upgrade on both ends of the floor.

Exactly. Beverly/Hill and Jordan/Gobert are about the same ability offensively. Bradley would be an upgrade from Hood, but that still wouldn't be enough to beat Cleveland

Exactly. Beverly/Hill and Jordan/Gobert are about the same ability offensively. Bradley would be an upgrade from Hood, but that still wouldn't be enough to beat Cleveland

I hate to admit it, but DJ is better than Gobert, but it's not a big difference.

Hill (who was banged up all year) is better than Beverly offensively, but Beverly is light years better on D.

Ingles and Hood are replaced by Bradley and Crowder, which is an upgrade.

Millsap is better than Favors (who was banged up all year) and stretches the D.

VN Store

Back