The 2016 Summer Olympics - Rio

Well at least the women are doing something for the US in track.

Sweeping the Women's 100 m hurdles and going Gold/Silver in the Women's long jump!

Watching Walsh-Jennings and Ross play last night and tonight was pretty fun. Both matches were emotional roller coasters. Congrats to them for medaling

That's how you win gold right there. First female American wrestler to win gold.

I am so glad the US are winning the most medals but I have noticed something. Nobody has gotten a participation trophy! The PC people will go crazy!

Participation medals and pins have been given at each Olympiad since 1904. They are common on E-Bay.

Thanks for the info. I was just joking posting that but did not actually know there were pins and medals given to everyone there. Never too old to learn something new.

I like the usain bolt will be the greatest Olympic participant in track and field ever with 9 gold medals!!!! Oh and 2 other people have done it before but that doesn't matter.

Justin Gatlin made two utterly stupid mistakes at the Olympics--one for sure in his 200 meter semifinal heat and other, seemingly, in tonight's 4X100 relay. I respect the guy, even with his doping suspension, but c'mon. In the 200 semifinal, he had his heat won rather easily but slowed up at the finish, as sprinters often do to conserve energy for the final--but he miscalculated and two runners passed him at the wire. He finished third in what was a slow heat and did not make the final! What the hell was he thinking?

He said afterward that his ankle was bothering him--but his ankle was well enough to run in the 4X100 tonight, where he seems to have made another mistake that cost him and his teammates the bronze medal. He was positioned in the wrong spot while waiting to get the baton and run the second leg of the race, and ended up getting it too early and the Americans were disqualified. Oh, my: not the way you want to end your Olympic career, I'm afraid. One of the other U.S. runners on the relay team, Tyson Gay, was in his third Olympics and thought he won his first Olympic medal--but owing to Gatlin's error, he lost it.

VN Store

Back