The 2013 Vandy game, and where we are now.

Our game was 17 years ago while there's was 2. Wish we had a win over a major rival within the past 2 years. Beating up on Vandy doesn't make us a good team, wish some people around here realized that

I personally would count any Spurrier-coached team as a major rival and we have 2 wins in 2 years against him.

Reactions: 1 person
I don't know that "many" have tempered expectations. Looking at this board, IMO it seems like only a few. For every post that is cautiously optimistic, I see three posts talking 9-10 wins and competing for the SEC East.

I think where we are depth-wise and coming off of a 6-6 regular season in 2014, a record of 8-4 with a win over UF or UGA and a bowl win would be tremendous progress and set us up nicely for the 2016 season. It's JMO, but I think all the talk about 9-10 wins this year is a bit premature

Case in point....

Why Tennessee is going to make the playoff - VolNation

We slipped by Vandy 24 to 17,last year. Dobbs was 11-20 for 92 yards, with 2 interceptions and zero TD's. Hurd had 5 carries for 21 Yds.
That's the bad but still a W.
The good is this banged up team Hurd playing limited , The QB of line Crowder out for 2nd game and our leading tackler AJ out for 2nd game. With all the injuries and a half suspension for one of our best DB's we kept the Missouri game close. and eked a W against Vandy.
Then a month to heal from long season and even without AJ beat a good Iowa soundly.

Are you sure that was a good Iowa team?

VN Store

Back