The 2 calls on Jeremy Banks and Theo Jackson

Vol nation loves JJ but hates banks ? They are cut from the same cloth when you a dog you’re gonna get penalties in today’s football… i understand he needs to be smarter but the way some of y’all talk about him is insane dude gives his all for Tennessee every game I love my linebackers mean but I may just be old school in that fashion… banks needs to be smarter but I love the way he plays he will continue to grow into that linebacker position weekly.

I love the way the kid is playing this year. He does have plenty of killer instinct, but I know he can fix the technique part because of all the strides he's made from where he was. I guarantee that if we'd had 11 on that side of the ball playing with the heart he played with Saturday, we'd be 2-0 right now.

Last edited:
Also, the flag on the Banks tackle came a few seconds after both guys got up and were yipping.

It was from a side judge not the one who was standing right over the play on the tackle. So it was a penalty on the extracurricular B.S. (which is of course unacceptable) not the tackle.

The ESPN crew was just too lazy to figure that out I guess.

Last edited:
Reactions: 901 Orange
The Theo Jackson one wasn't a penalty and the refs actually managed to get that one right.

If it's legal in wresting it should be legal in football, and that was just a clean takedown / tackle.

The Banks one is pretty self explanatory. That suplex exposes the head and neck. That's a dangerous play. And completely unnecessary obviously.

Enemy? It's a freaking game. They are your opponent. Playing physical doesn't mean seeking to injure. Enemy? LOL.
I'm not really sure when this all changed and it's whatever, but when I played, you hated the guys standing on the other sideline. You didn't socialize with them afterwards except for the "good game" deal, but other than that when that ball got teed up, it was on.

Reactions: 901 Orange
I'm not really sure when this all changed and it's whatever, but when I played, you hated the guys standing on the other sideline. You didn't socialize with them afterwards except for the "good game" deal, but other than that when that ball got teed up, it was on.
When you played you were doing it wrong. You can be physical and want to win without hate. That's BS faux masculinity perpetuated by coaches that for no reason felt it the right thing to do. Being the best at your position. Doing the best you can do. Working hard for your team. None of that requires hate. If you need hate to get you motivated, you've been poorly coached and need to re-examine things.

Notice how we don't hear all that crap anymore that you heard in the 90s? It's not because people got soft. It's because hate doesn't get you a scholarship. It doesn't get you paid. It doesn't get you deals.

Hard work and determination > hate.

Reactions: SockeyeVol
When you played you were doing it wrong. You can be physical and want to win without hate. That's BS faux masculinity perpetuated by coaches that for no reason felt it the right thing to do. Being the best at your position. Doing the best you can do. Working hard for your team. None of that requires hate. If you need hate to get you motivated, you've been poorly coached and need to re-examine things.

Notice how we don't hear all that crap anymore that you heard in the 90s? It's not because people got soft. It's because hate doesn't get you a scholarship. It doesn't get you paid. It doesn't get you deals.

So, all of the greats that were aggressive and instilled fear into their opponents were poorly coached? Get out of here.

Banks is my favorite guy on defense. I love his aggressiveness. Some people don't. I don't worry about those people. Banks is going to play every game this year that he's physically able to whether some soys are offended by his raw aggression or not. Penalties do suck, but Banks isn't the reason we lost that game. EVERYONE on the team needs to work on cleaning up the penalties. It also wouldn't hurt to be able to score from inside the five yard line and not miss two or three wide open td's. Just sayin.

Reactions: NO SIR EEE
Cade Mays had a PF that caused my face to turn red.No reason for it and it hurt the team badly along with 2 holding calls on Carvin(I think) There were more but those stuck out!View attachment 394613
Let’s talk about how Pittsburgh magically had 0 holding calls against their line even though there is video of them holding on a bunch of plays and a blatant hold when our DE got pulled down by his Jersey when Pittsburgh’s QB rolled out right and threw the TD pass.

I don’t care what anyone says those refs were biased. Also the Offensive Pass interference call on Tillman was garbage he was trying to get back to the ball and couldn’t even do that because the defender was literally pulling him the opposite direction (not even looking for the ball)

Reactions: Mightyvol

Idk about the hate part, but we definitely enemies on the field if your gear aint the same color as mine. We can shake hands after & everything is all good bc in the game it gets heated. Its football and its just as intense as the 90's or any other era bc its a gladiator sport. I played in 06 on a 12-2 team and there was nothing friendly with whomever we played. We not helping you up, the convo if any was censored for sure, & we competed hard as hell. You're right about the playing physical part. Nobody from our side ever had intent on seriously hurting someone. I may not hate you but that doesnt stop me from trying to drill you at 10-15 mph. They're not trying to kill someone but they are trying to take another males will. Thats on every level and that part will never leave the game. Some guys, especially LB's are just wired different. Its kinda like, " Im not trying to hurt you, but I am trying to see if I can make you switch to basketball."

Unnecessary Roughness. That is self explanatory.

Banks picked the guy up and body slammed him when stopping his forward progress was enough. Banks is a penalty waiting to happen, normally its hitting out of bounds for him. I imagine the whistle was blown about the time he picked him up.
2nd call was not as obvious as the guy was still trying to move forward.

Banks got flagged for tackling before the whistle was blown. I guess he shoulda just let up before the whistle was blown to avoid the flag? Soft

Banks got flagged for tackling before the whistle was blown. I guess he shoulda just let up before the whistle was blown to avoid the flag? Soft
Maybe he should have dropped him on his knee like the WWE guys do?LOL! You body slam a running back or receiver you are getting flagged. Banks has made it clear he is out there to injure people if he can. He is good for 2 penalties per game.

The tackle by Banks deserved it.

Glad they reversed the one on Jackson. I think that one was more of an “in the moment” type thing where he was just driving the running back into the ground.

Maybe he should have dropped him on his knee like the WWE guys do?LOL! You body slam a running back or receiver you are getting flagged. Banks has made it clear he is out there to injure people if he can. He is good for 2 penalties per game.

You must be young and from this soft generation

71 years old and that was a penalty when I was in high school. It's common sense of which you seem to be missing, if you want to have a pissing contest.

You don’t understand playing till whistle is blown. Banks got flagged for making a tackle before whistle blown. Once again, stay soft!

You don’t understand playing till whistle is blown. Banks got flagged for making a tackle before whistle blown. Once again, stay soft!

I see if you are one of those individuals who can't debate an issue without insulting the other person. He had the player stopped but instead of waiting for the whistle for forward progress he decided to lift him in the air and body slam him. If you don't agree with me you are stupid. Is that the way it's done? Just trying to get on the same page.

I see if you are one of those individuals who can't debate an issue without insulting the other person. He had the player stopped but instead of waiting for the whistle for forward progress he decided to lift him in the air and body slam him. If you don't agree with me you are stupid. Is that the way it's done? Just trying to get on the same page.

There is nothing wrong or name calling when I say today’s game and age and culture is soft. Literally no SEC ref would have flagged that “rough” tackle.

VN Store

Back