The 2 calls on Jeremy Banks and Theo Jackson

The one that shouldn't have called was the one on Cade. They were piling up on our QB and he was getting them off.

Hmmm...not really...
cadetard.png

It has not always been a penalty. That statement would be false. Why would you respect someone with different colors on?

Been a Penalty as long as I can remember ; which is 40 years watching football. Why respect your opponent? Sportsmanship. The same reason you respect your teammates. Tell JB there is no I in team. That slam was a "Look at Me" moment. Hope you figure it out.

They didn’t throw them on their heads. I could understand if they did. It looked like it hurt, so they threw flags

Reactions: Skullbone
If the ref doesn't want someone to get body slammed, then he is free to blow the whistle and stop the play when the player's momentum is stopped. Banks had stopped the guy and no whistle had been blown, so he picked him up and made sure he went to the ground.
This is what I saw as well. The offensive player was still fighting to get free so Banks kept fighting to stop him. Banks is a penalty waiting to happen tho. Still thought he had a solid game Saturday.

I got the impression that Banks didn't have the weight or the angle to bring him down, but he was strong enough to get his wheels off the ground and make sure he didn't cat land and keep on going. But, the refs didn't like his style.
As Daniel Hood said Sunday on Sports Source..."You don't like getting tackled like that, then fall down" ....... the tennis players on the show did not agree.

I know these didn't make a difference at all, but I've been racking my brain trying to figure out why flags are thrown on these? Tackling aggressively is flag worthy? I guess I can understand targeting flags on the targeting side of things when those calls happen (even though I don't agree with it)
In the end, I think the refs got both of those calls right. The first was a dangerous tackle. The second was a great tackle.
However, I think the refs missed Wright’s first rush for a TD (albeit he scored on the next play). And I believe they missed-spotted Hooker’s 4th quarter 3rd down run that was followed by an ill-advised 4th down call that was stuffed by Pitt. It looked to me like Hooker got the first down. Speaking of both plays, where was the reverse angle camera for reviews? Apparently there wasn’t one. 🧐

Banks was making a tackle later in the game. He brought the runner down but knee didn’t touch ( Banks was underneath runner) and runner took off. How is Banks supposed to know how hard to tackle if the runner is still grinding and the whistle hasn’t blown. Offense fights for every inch and defense is supposed to stop forward progress.

I told my step son shortly after the game began that Banks would be getting a personal foul call any time. While I like his aggressive attitude, he is nothing more than a liability. Not hating on the guy but he is always a flag waiting to happen.

Reactions: cardvolfan
The Banks fired me the hell up. I mean after all, your opponent is not your friend, they are an enemy.
Banks is a liability. His block in the back cost us a TD. He jawed the whole game and could have easily received another personal foul.

Theo flag was picked up as in a penalty was never called. It’s one thing to hit hard and tackle tough, but you can’t just pick up a player suplex him anymore and dumb on his head. Theo tackle was on the natural motion of the play and he keeps driving with his legs. Banks on the other hand wasn’t in his natural motion when he suplexed him to the ground like he was in WWE.
But it caused us to let up later in the game and Pitt got a first down. If they keep running then you do what you can to stop them. The refs sucked plain and simple.

Last edited:
Banks was making a tackle later in the game. He brought the runner down but knee didn’t touch ( Banks was underneath runner) and runner took off. How is Banks supposed to know how hard to tackle if the runner is still grinding and the whistle hasn’t blown. Offense fights for every inch and defense is supposed to stop forward progress.
And two other guys stopped when they could have stopped and it was because of the thought of a penalty. The refs sucked. Let the kids play football.

It's all pretty simple.
1) Tackle as hard as you want.
2) Don't lead with the helmet.
3) Don't suplex anybody.

Eh ... it should be this and in most cases is, but I have seen way too many leading with the shoulder hard ass hits get called for targeting. I would teach/coach the game exactly as you describe, but in the end it’s still an official’s interpretation as to whether you are flagged or not. Seems to me that some officials (replay officials included) are looking more for your intent rather than your technique, if you’re looking to hit hard and punish even though legally by the definition of the rules you are apt to get tossed. It has taken a bit of the intimidation factor out of the game, no longer can your enforcers intimidate with hard but legal hits without fear of getting an early dismissal to the showers. Just my opinion.

VN Store

Back