The “Please indulge my crazy idea on the assistant hire thread”

Will be interesting to see who the other Assistant will be. I am quite sure it will be a person willing to take less money as it will certainly be the number three position they are being hired into. You hope we can find someone who is an effective recruiter and has been and effective player in the past. It certainly doesn't have to be a former Lady Vol just a person that can make a difference in developing current players and convincing future players Tennessee is the place for them.

I would loooove for former ETSU coach Brittany Ezell to come to Tennessee. Something about her always made me think that if she were in a different market she’d be special.

Just a random thought from a biased fan of BE.
I wouldn't mind that, just not exactly sure how she settles into that role. She's not really a sit back type of coach and by that I mean she is a leader.

Reactions: VolBall09
the unanswered question is the roles for the two new coaches, the vacancies were for the active coaching/in game assistant who became a head coach and a recruiter coordinator who seemed to be not that active in coaching or that visible during game.

what are the attributes needed for the remaining vacancy?

I would loooove for former ETSU coach Brittany Ezell to come to Tennessee. Something about her always made me think that if she were in a different market she’d be special.

I could get down with this. Really appreciate her competitive spirit. She and Chanda Rigby at Troy are cut from the same mold.

Will be interested to see who fills out the staff. I’m excited about the direction the program is moving. I also believe we are probably not giving Jon enough credit. He’s likely the link to Coach Sam having overlapped at Auburn. Bringing her to Knoxville is huge.

Last edited:
Somebody else mentioned this and I liked their idea. Would be a total long shot, but Coach Terri Williams-Fluornoy would be a great addition for our defense. Would obviously be taking a huge pay cut so it’s unlikely. She was a one trick pony at Auburn, but that Pony was defense and it was really darn good.

Even crazier, and probably just a plain bad idea. Getting Melanie Balcomb as an offensive coordinator/assistant.

Reactions: stllvf
My not-so crazy pick is Candice Parker. Although she has no coaching experience, she has tremendous presence and playing experience to contribute to the staff. I'm sure it would sit well with not only the current team but recruits too. Pretty good situation for all concerned.

Reactions: krichunaka

Brittany Ezell is not a crazy pick. Does Kellie have a history with her?

Reactions: VolBall09
The biggest need beyond recruiting would an dominant offensive coach who runs high movement/flow offense with the 3 pointer as one of its cornerstones. Although, things are heading in the right direction, we need to further modernize our offense. If we are going to beat the UCONN's, SC's, and Baylor's of the world, we can trade 2's with 3's.

Below is a table on the 3 point shots and successes of the following teams , not in order Conn, Baylor, Arkansas, NC. State, Louisville and 1) UT Actual, 2) UT if discount one player who went 1-14 and 3) the LadyVols statistics IF they had made one more 3 point shot per the 25 games.

Which of those teams do you believe that the LVs would beat if their 3-point percentage would be .35 versus .31? Note only Rae's percentage was above the team average

3pt made shots percentage team
267 686 0.389
110 333 0.331
178 485 0.367
201 565 0.356
224 624 0.353
112 366 0.306
111 352 0.315
137 366 0.375

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK

VN Store

Back