That's racist!

Logic and critical thought be damned. If you’re looking for racism, you’re going to find it….find it anywhere you dream it to be so. Oh, and be a purveyor of it at the same time.

Is coffee racist? How drinking coffee perpetuates white supremacy

how exhausting it must be to have this mentality (not to mention racist attitudes - "black people can't afford specialty coffee")

It’s not just that Black folks cannot afford specialty coffee, but the very acceptance of the term “specialty coffee” suggests that some coffee is somehow superior to others, an idea that is rooted in whiteness. Values like “hard work creates better products” is an white supremacist idea that is constantly forced upon people of color and justifies stereotypes like the myth of “laziness” in people of color.

how exhausting it must be to have this mentality (not to mention racist attitudes - "black people can't afford specialty coffee")

It’s not just that Black folks cannot afford specialty coffee, but the very acceptance of the term “specialty coffee” suggests that some coffee is somehow superior to others, an idea that is rooted in whiteness. Values like “hard work creates better products” is an white supremacist idea that is constantly forced upon people of color and justifies stereotypes like the myth of “laziness” in people of color.
Can you imagine walking up to a black person in the street and telling them they can't afford coffee because they're black?

Reactions: marcusluvsvols

Imagine the type of mind virus required to rationalize this person's worldview; To say that hard work is the domain of white supremacists and then eschew the only logical conclusion (laziness of people of color) which is brought about by that ridiculous notion. It is better to think that black people are incapable of hard work than to think they are lazy? They are both faulty ideas. Why is it acceptable to hold either of these views?

Logic and critical thought be damned. If you’re looking for racism, you’re going to find it….find it anywhere you dream it to be so. Oh, and be a purveyor of it at the same time.

Is coffee racist? How drinking coffee perpetuates white supremacy
The only worthy response to the link is derision. So, here is my mockery:

From the Article:
Coffee first came to North America and Europe between 1650 and 1700. But coffee was an important, almost religious, part of Black culture going as far back as the 1400s in Ethiopia. After the whites got the first sip of the Black delicacy, they brutally enslaved people of color to keep up with demand, turning a ritualistic drink into another consumer product in the colonial capitalist machine.
t’s not just that Black folks cannot afford specialty coffee, but the very acceptance of the term “specialty coffee” suggests that some coffee is somehow superior to others, an idea that is rooted in whiteness. Values like “hard work creates better products” is an white supremacist idea that is constantly forced upon people of color and justifies stereotypes like the myth of “laziness” in people of color.

Maybe whites wouldn't have had to take on a colonial capitalist machine for coffee if OG coffee growers valued hard work.

Surely with this leap into the surreal we have reached the pinnacle of stupidity.........I mean it simply must get better, (less stupid), from here right?

It's almost as if a middle school teacher handed out an assignment "Is ____________ racist?" And had their children run with it. What happened to intellectual rigor in higher learning in general and specifically, in this case, journalism?

It's almost as if a middle school teacher handed out an assignment "Is ____________ racist?" And had their children run with it. What happened to intellectual rigor in higher learning in general and specifically, in this case, journalism?
I wouldn't worry with sweeping concerns on the larger society.

The article was written and hosted at a blog called, AFRU. Looks like a fashion and art blog looking to gain attention with outrageous content to me.

I wouldn't worry with sweeping concerns on the larger society.

The article was written and hosted at a blog called, AFRU. Looks like a fashion and art blog looking to gain attention with outrageous content to me.
Fair enough, but have any "reputable" outlets run with it?

These ideas aren't unique to this group however. It's so easy to assign nefarious intent to anything these days and have people run with it.

Fair enough, but have any "reputable" outlets run with it?

These ideas aren't unique to this group however. It's so easy to assign nefarious intent to anything these days and have people run with it.
I don't know of any reputable outlets.

Zing.

I agree it is harder to separate the nefarious from the promotional now than it was decades ago.

VN Store

Back