That's racist!

I didn’t say one way or another but now that you mention it, there’s a whole lot of folks that like to stay within their cultural comfort zone. It’s been that way since the dawn of mankind in case you were wondering.
Probably because there are cultural differences that one side or the other doesnt want to live with. People aren't exactly the best at stepping outside of their comfort zone. That doesnt make someone a racist because they do the easy thing, its just the way it is.

Someone please explain to me how these comments from Oprah are not racist:

“There are white people who are not as powerful as the system of white people — the caste system that’s been put in place — but they still, no matter where they are on the rung, or the ladder of success, they still have their whiteness,” she said.

“You still have your whiteness. That’s what the term ‘white privilege’ is. It means that whiteness still gives you an advantage, no matter,” she continued.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/nation-world/national/article244747542.html

Oprah is the one who has privilege. She can use racist language like this and the MSM will not touch her

She’s not saying white men can’t jump or anything similar, though, so it’s not really that argument
Ok.... what if.... a white media person....hmmm.... such as Ellen or Dr. Phil.... made comments about black folks drinking and drugging, robbing and acting like jive turkeys because of their “blackness”?

How is that racist? Being white means that you're much less likely to be called the N-word, for example. It's not racist to say that.

A fair test of racism is to switch the words and imagine what would happen. If a white guy like say Dr Phil, had made the statement..."but at least you'll still have your blackness" he'd be off the air in a week.

This sort of language from Oprah is divisive and not helpful. Being rich like Oprah lends itself to far, far more privilege than being white

A few things here:

1) I don't see any racism on the part of the cops. I see a large and powerful individual who is resisting arrest.

2) They ask if he's on something and he says no. We know for sure he was on Fentanyl and other narcotics. This would have been helpful to know

3) Why did it take another country to release this video? Why did Keith Ellison only release an edited video to Americans?

I think the cops should be tried for using excessive force and should receive a fair trial and be judged by a jury of their peers. My guess is that they'll be convicted of something but their jailtime will be far less that what will appease the BLM crew.

I also do not see racial injustice here. I see a teaching moment for anyone else who's arrested by cops: do as they say. Don't resist. If you do you may end up dead.

A few things here:

1) I don't see any racism on the part of the cops. I see a large and powerful individual who is resisting arrest.

2) They ask if he's on something and he says no. We know for sure he was on Fentanyl and other narcotics. This would have been helpful to know

3) Why did it take another country to release this video? Why did Keith Ellison only release an edited video to Americans?

I think the cops should be tried for using excessive force and should receive a fair trial and be judged by a jury of their peers. My guess is that they'll be convicted of something but their jailtime will be far less that what will appease the BLM crew.

I also do not see racial injustice here. I see a teaching moment for anyone else who's arrested by cops: do as they say. Don't resist. If you do you may end up dead.
Seems like this video should've been made available waaaaaaay sooner.

The Daily Mail claims this was "leaked" to them. One must wonder if that was done so to specifically circumvent the US media's (and other parties) desire to only show what had previously been released here.
They need to quit playing games and release the whole video.

Probably because there are cultural differences that one side or the other doesnt want to live with. People aren't exactly the best at stepping outside of their comfort zone. That doesnt make someone a racist because they do the easy thing, its just the way it is.
There are some comfort zones that need never be stepped out of. Get over it.

A few things here:

I think he did tell them he was on drugs.
George Floyd transcript: Read it in full here
Screenshot_20200806-110856.jpg
George Floyd: Yes, I was just 'Hooping' earlier.

I really don't think he was talking about basketball.

What could "Hooping" be slang for in that context? Please refer to definitions #2-5 Urban Dictionary: Hooping (Spoiler: Hooping means you shoved it up your butt).

The defense will use this in court.

Speculations on how that will play out in court aside, for now I'll defer to our resident VolNation members with LE experience.

LE: You are questioning someone exhibiting erratic behavior about using narcotics/drugs, point out to him he's foaming at the mouth, and he tells you he's been "Hooping";
Are you aware of the words slang usage?
How do you interpret that?
Do you think he's literally trying to tell you he'd been playing basketball?

Last edited:
Reactions: Rickyvol77

VN Store

Back