That's racist!

I was thinking about Clark and this thread after reading some of the comments yesterday.

She's doubted by some because she's white. She's celebrated by some because she's white. She's marketable because of what she's accomplished. I think the "great white hope" aspect is certainly at play and added extra value to her marketability.

The movie "White Men Can't Jump" came to mind. I haven't thought about that movie in a very long time. Used to love it!

She's doubted and envied by some black players in league, as well as some fans because of her race and the attention she's garnered. She's celebrated by some because of her race. It honestly kind of seems like the racial factor works both for and against her here.

Just a normal foul. Watch some old Detroit Pistons games from the 80s/90s.

Anybody think Matt Wallace might have an agenda? Other than simply getting clicks from the "subgroup".
.......trashy, unintelligent, classless........ Is he talking about the WNBA or the "subgroup"?

Anybody think Matt Wallace might have an agenda? Other than simply getting clicks from the "subgroup".
.......trashy, unintelligent, classless........ Is he talking about the WNBA or the "subgroup"?
He must be talking bout Crockett & MTG 😂

The NBA took about 25 years to bring in the level of revenue (adjusted for time period) that the WNBA is now. The Big3 sold a team for $10M when the Seattle Storm was recently valued at $151M, so I don’t believe you that the Big3 is “more profitable”
I wanted to let this cook a little..see if maybe you were trying to impart some wisdom. So just FYI
.the WNBA averages around 200 million revenue and loses 15 plus million each year...that is not PROFITABLE...doesn't matter is they madr a billion a year of they still loses money..so thankd for pointing nothing.
And BTW the big 3 has profits around 250 billion since it started..so it much more PROFITABLE.

I wanted to let this cook a little..see if maybe you were trying to impart some wisdom. So just FYI
.the WNBA averages around 200 million revenue and loses 15 plus million each year...that is not PROFITABLE...doesn't matter is they madr a billion a year of they still loses money..so thankd for pointing nothing.
And BTW the big 3 has profits around 250 billion since it started..so it much more PROFITABLE.
Lmao what??? Who told you that? The Big3 had to take a PPP loan just to have a season and, again, sold an entire team for 10 million dollars

Lmao what??? Who told you that? The Big3 had to take a PPP loan just to have a season and, again, sold an entire team for 10 million dollars
Now that's on me I was wrong. When I put into big three instead of going to my link I just did a Google search it brought me the big three Auto companies. But the big three basketball is still more profitable even though their revenue is only 4.9 million last year. Where is the WNBA has never been profitable and it's subsidized 50% by another company entirely

Reactions: NashVol11
It has been demonstrated over and over that a good HS boys team can beat professional womens teams in pretty much any sport. Its simply not fair...and thats OK. God made men and women for different purposes and equipped them for their tasks. Men cant juggle 10 different tasks while taking care of a room full of kids without losing their minds. Men cant perform ballet, ice skate, or dance with the grace and beauty that only comes from the female body. Men cant breast feed, give birth, or have the empathy and tenderness that only mothers have. Men cannot be a mom. Period.

People these days just dont want to admit these obvious truths because it doesnt fit with their agenda. Especially with this trans bullcrap where they try to tell folks that you can be whatever sex you "identify as" which is simply glorifying mental illness and is absolutely ridiculous on its face. People like me will never give in and play along with their delusions. Men and women are simply different by design, and the sex a person is born with is clearly the only sex they will ever be. You cannot change your DNA or biology, you can only pretend to be something you are not. That isnt bigotry or hate...its science.
Clearly you missed Blades of Glory.

Now that's on me I was wrong. When I put into big three instead of going to my link I just did a Google search it brought me the big three Auto companies. But the big three basketball is still more profitable even though their revenue is only 4.9 million last year. Where is the WNBA has never been profitable and it's subsidized 50% by another company entirely
Liked for the first part. WNBA revenue has more than doubled in the last few years and I don’t think we’ve seen their full books recently unless I’m mistaken, but with $100M+ team valuations, a new TV deal coming up and attendance/viewership increasing rapidly, I suspect “not profitable” won’t last very long if at all

Reactions: MemphisVol77
Liked for the first part. WNBA revenue has more than doubled in the last few years and I don’t think we’ve seen their full books recently unless I’m mistaken, but with $100M+ team valuations, a new TV deal coming up and attendance/viewership increasing rapidly, I suspect “not profitable” won’t last very long if at all
The issue is that without the NBA subsidizing half their revenue they would be losing over 50% of the revenue..that's not profitable long-term...even teams early on in the NBA and other sports that were not profitable were shut down..

It's not. You have to go back 40 years to support the claim that it's normal, and even then it wasn't. Flagrant is not the norm. Thank God basketball has evolved. People get hurt enough trying to play the right way.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
The issue is that without the NBA subsidizing half their revenue they would be losing over 50% of the revenue..that's not profitable long-term...even teams early on in the NBA and other sports that were not profitable were shut down..
The NBA gives them $15M of their $200M+ in revenue, how is that half? The WNBA has shut down teams too, but is currently expanding because nothing about their current situation suggests some bleak financial future

Reactions: whodeycin85

Justice system's not so great when white people maybe become the most punished. Glad some of you are finally starting to realize how ****ed up our laws are.

The league pulled in $200m and paid $18m to players. They are so incredibly full of **** that they are not making money. NBA players get 50% of revenue. 50%! Show me the 200m business primarily built on labor that pays its labor 9% of revenue and doesn't make $. They are not giving us a complete picture. Why would valuations of teams be soaring?

The NBA gives them $15M of their $200M+ in revenue, how is that half? The WNBA has shut down teams too, but is currently expanding because nothing about their current situation suggests some bleak financial future

We also have no idea what kind of other accounting tricks are happening. Like for example, is the WNBA charged a licensing fee by the NBA? What are we counting as arena use fees? Is that the $15m (at an inflated rate)?

Reactions: NashVol11

VN Store

Back