That's racist!

Ya know...I'm pretty sure we decided a long time ago that people who call black people the n-word are racists. I didn't make that decision on the Internet. Sorry you missed the memo. Although "STFU moron" is quite a compelling argument. You could win a lot of 6th grade playground arguments with such rhetoric.

I'm not claiming anything about his "black friends," that he has them, or what they think and why. But tokenism is a poor excuse for a decent argument.

Just curious, but who is the "we" that decided the only criteria for being a racist is using the big bad N-word?

I missed that post until you replied.

I'm not a fan of black people using that term, either. But to answer the question, no I don't think it's as bad when black folks use it. And no, that's not hypocritical...that word, more than any other in American history, has a connotation of vitriol and hatred behind it and that evil comes from white people directing it at black people. So yes, there is a difference. White people shouldn't say it. A better question is, why are some white people so upset that they can't say it? Is it really that hard not to use a word that has been harmful to a particular group of people for centuries? How about trying to understand something from the point of view of others? I have said it before and I was wrong. I was racist in the past. I made a decision over a decade ago to never use that word again. But I'm not willing to say I'm 100% not racist now. Complacency allows old tendencies to creep back in. We're all wired to be tribal. But we should work hard to empathize and understand people of other cultures and races. Constantly.

And to your point about words vs. actions...you actually hit on something worthwhile. Racism is far more harmful in its institutions, rather than in words. We have racism embedded in all parts of our culture and, unless we really want to understand it, we won't. But that doesn't mean that using the n-word isn't also racist. Even if Morgan Wallen has black friends (a bizarre, tokenist, and cliche'd argument). Those words (especially THAT word) represent(s) something bigger.

I'm done. If some people want to really think about things from an objective and purposeful point of view, they will. If they want to defend their own existing notions because changing is uncomfortable, they will do that too...and resent those who suggest doing otherwise.

Ah. Virtue signalling.

This confirms what I learned in high school: The best fights to watch were the girl fights. Guys mainly punch but there's no rules to the girl fights. They pull hair, rip clothes...nothing's barred
Those girls don’t play. I got slashed on my neck in high school because I was walking behind a big girl who saw a girl she wanted to fight. She threw off her backpack and her long ass nails caught me from under my jaw all the way to my throat. That stayed on there for about a month.

The black community almost 100% stood behind Morgan because they knew the difference and a T-shirt started trending in the black community that says "Morgan is my N***A"

DgJRdF2WAAUgzWz

I don't see any word on when it's going be enacted or what the penalties are for not complying. My Cincinnati Bengals have a person of color coaching the RBs and another coaching WRs. Don't know if that qualifies as "having a significant role" or not

Looks like the SPLC is... racist?

Southern Poverty Law Center employees protest return-to-work policy, claiming racial disparity

The Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) Union claimed that there is a racial disparity in the legal nonprofit's return-to-work policy and organized an employee protest Monday.

"Black women, many of whom have been working at this organization for decades in positions with little or no opportunities for advancement are four times more likely to be denied telework and/or remote work than white women and are seven times more likely to be denied telework options than white men at the Center," the SPLC Union wrote in a news release about the protest held in Montgomery, Alabama, on Monday.

VN Store

Back