That was a good Pitt team today...

Then bet for charity. And saying they'll be 5-0 going into VT is hardly some big accomplishment, considering their schedule.
Competing for the Coastal aint a accomplishment if you considering their schedule, which is my point. Their schedule is set up perfectly for them to make a run. Clemson is the only team on their schedule that they cant beat, but hell who knows its in Pittsburgh in late October. Being 5-0 going into the Va Tech game would be big for them no matter who they beat bc it gives them momentum & confidence. Pitt is strong in the trenches and has a veteran QB, with all their tough games in Pittsburgh weather. Of course they can win the ACC coastal.

Competing for the Coastal aint a accomplishment if you considering their schedule, which is my point. Their schedule is set up perfectly for them to make a run. Clemson is the only team on their schedule that they cant beat, but hell who knows its in Pittsburgh in late October. Being 5-0 going into the Va Tech game would be big for them no matter who they beat bc it gives them momentum & confidence. Pitt is strong in the trenches and has a veteran QB, with all their tough games in Pittsburgh weather. Of course they can win the ACC coastal.

Competing for any division is an accomplishment, they can only play whoever is on their schedule. I’m not so sure you really understand the football.

I mean....if they can't go 5-0 in that stretch then they're staring at 7-5 at best.

I'm not sure how they're strong in the trenches considering they couldn't establish a run game.

They were average; if they had been better, they win going away.

Yep. I don’t understand why some fans think because they beat us and UMASS that this Pitt team is somehow good. And their QB is the best we will face? Lol. Was he good? He was decent. Better than Daniels, Richardson, UKs QB, or Young? Um no.

That’s why people saying this Pitt team is good is crazy. The ACC is down.

I'm getting flashbacks to 2017 when we escaped with a W over GT and suddenly so many here were pumping that GT team to the moon; some even saying they'd compete for the ACC title. They ended up 5-6. Pitt will likely end up better than that simply because their OOC games are creampuffs and the ACC sucks, but I'm gettting the same vibe that this Pitt team won't remotely end up as good as some are trying to pump them.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
Jesus the excuses. Just stop it already. Most of the SEC would have stomped this Pitt team. They aren’t good. They are average. I mean think about it. We had 3 turnovers, 134 penalty yards, had Milton miss 3-4 TDs, and just barely lost.
I thought the Pitt defensive backfield was embarrassingly slow. Anyone competent will take advantage of that.

Easy there buddy. Didn’t mean to challenge your manhood. Peyton reportedly has put in some effort to tutor/guide this young guy. I doubt he’d do that if he didn’t think he has some pro potential and I doubt he thinks the same of all SEC QBs.

And you are correct, I can’t prove a bit of the above. Pretty much like you and your statement.

I mean....if they can't go 5-0 in that stretch then they're staring at 7-5 at best.

I'm not sure how they're strong in the trenches considering they couldn't establish a run game.
They had 5 sacks , 9 TFL, & 3 more QB hurries. I think that qualifies them as strong in the trenches.

Competing for any division is an accomplishment, they can only play whoever is on their schedule. I’m not so sure you really understand the football.
I probably understand football better then you do. You obviously didnt read my entire statement which was Pitt should play a big role in the ACC race. The team I saw Saturday should be playing for an ACC title. I believe their schedule sets up perfectly for that to happen. I didnt say they had a soft schedule. I said "all their tough games are home, right when the weather starts to change in Pittsburgh." Their next 3 games are all winnable for them. That would make them 5-0 before the trip to Va Tech. Even if they lose to Va Tech they are still in the Coastal race.

Honestly been following Pitt for years. They are my second favorite college team after UT and that is exactly like what Pitt does. I do think they will compete for the ACC title this year, but they drop the dumbest games.

Pitt was always a average team....Not much defense at all and no running game. All they had is a QB who could throw and run when he needed and some WRs that could catch it. We made them look a lot better than they are.

VN Store

Back