That does it!!!! May be dropping U-Verse.

Going to try my local channels reception tonight with an old antenna I have.

If I can get all the networks then I'll probably dump DirecTV and go PS Vue.

I already have Prime, Netflix and HBO Now - that ought to cover me.

Hell, if you want to cut things, you could eliminate Prime, Netflix, HBO and just run Kodi on something. Although Prime is more than just movies, you get the point.

I guess I'm old school but I have a Tivo and like recording TV shows to watch when I want to watch them. I can fast forward at lightning speed, skip all commercials with one button press, rewind easily. On line services just can't do that.

I guess I can save $30 a month or so by switching to an online service versus a cable lineup, but I'm not seeing the benefits yet.

I guess I'm old school but I have a Tivo and like recording TV shows to watch when I want to watch them. I can fast forward at lightning speed, skip all commercials with one button press, rewind easily. On line services just can't do that.

I guess I can save $30 a month or so by switching to an online service versus a cable lineup, but I'm not seeing the benefits yet.

If you are watching TV shows on Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, HBO, etc. you don't even have to fast forward through the commercials. Just hit play whenever you want and enjoy.

Vue is IP location dependent. You can use the apps for the all networks and the vue mobile app anywhere, but not the main app. Example: can't take your firestick with you on vacation or share your login with friends.

Roku did not have location working when the vue app launched and could be moved around. Not sure if that's still the case.

Oh........I only assumed we were talking mobile here :) I don't think I have ever traveled with my firestick

Oh........I only assumed we were talking mobile here :) I don't think I have ever traveled with my firestick

If you ever do, don't fire up Vue. They are fairly strict and you'll have to call customer service and waste your time.

I've tried all the streaming services and PlayStation Vue is the best.

I know this is a stupid question, but do you have to have the Playstation console to get Vue? I don't play the games.(not since Atari). Will Apple TV work since I have one.

If you ever do, don't fire up Vue. They are fairly strict and you'll have to call customer service and waste your time.

Nah, wont do it lol. I get why they have the restriction and while you can use the Directv now anywhere and relocated your firestick or appletv, I would rather have the 5 streams at a time instead of the 2.......that work poorly :)

I know this is a stupid question, but do you have to have the Playstation console to get Vue? I don't play the games.(not since Atari). Will Apple TV work since I have one.

No, you will have to sign up for a PSN account (free one) but you can do that on a computer and not have to have any type of console.

Had a u-verse bundle and absolutely hated it. Internet speeds were trash, bandwidth issues constantly and my TV feed was spotty. Switched to Charter and while their TV feed is okay, their internet has been far superior.

We're supposed to be getting AT&T fiber in my area fairly soon, and that may tempt me to switch back over. I've considered going all streaming as well, I don't use the TV/Phone portion of the bundle enough to justify it.

For those getting locals OTA and PS Vue for ESPN - what do you do for a DVR if you want to record a game?

Hell, if you want to cut things, you could eliminate Prime, Netflix, HBO and just run Kodi on something. Although Prime is more than just movies, you get the point.

I was looking at this Kodi site because you mentioned.

Went back again and the site has been seized by ICE. Never seen anything like it.

For those getting locals OTA and PS Vue for ESPN - what do you do for a DVR if you want to record a game?

For Vols football games I generally wait for Freak to upload it to YouTube.

ESPN also as on demand replay for most college games of all sports.

Pro games you will need another option.

VN Store

Back